Hot Rod Forum banner

Crane Cams

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dawg 
#1 ·
I just was informed that Crane Cams has closed their doors. Can somebody confirm that this is true or just web noise?

#7 ·
Posted on another hotrod site I frequent. I don't know the original source.

PRESS RELEASE:

LIQUIDATION OF CRANE CAMS, INC. ANNOUNCED

Complete High Performance Camshaft Manufacturer
All Machinery, $2+ Million in Inventory, 16 Trademarks & 3 Patents for Sale

LiquiTec Industries, Inc. has been engaged to liquidate the assets of Crane Cams, Inc., one of the world's largest independent manufacturers of camshafts, valve train components and electrical ignition systems for the performance industry. Established in 1953, Crane Cams® is a brand name recognized for high quality, precision products that are race-proven to withstand the rigors of competition. Product applications include automotive, motorcycle, marine, aircraft and other specialty markets.

The sale includes all machinery; all raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods including over $2 million of high performance and racing application engine components including camshafts, rocker arms, lifters and other parts for most GM, Ford and Mopar engines; 16 patents and three patents.

LiquiTec is accepting bids now for inventory, trademarks and patents. An auction sale of all remaining inventory and machinery will take place on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at the company's former headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida. The sale will also be broadcast over the internet via BidSpotter.com. For more information or to register to attend the sale, contact LiquiTec at (800) 852-9252.

#10 ·
dawg said:
no they are not closing geez.
all the employees are being rehired under a new owner
scorpion performance.
http://www.wftv.com/goinggreen/19020318/detail.html#-
more news from scorpion
http://scorpionperformance.com/newsite1/
Some former Crane employees have posted on the H.A.M.B that they were invited to a "Job Fair" at the location when they arrived it was locked up :rolleyes: and the Bank is going to liquidate all property,the deal with Scorpion is in Limbo as it stands. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.