Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cranks/No Start Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 04:23 AM
Blistering Speed

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have a small fleet of s-10's at my shop and i had a similar problem 6 months ago. The truck would run fine then all of a sudden it wouldn't start. It would go for weeks with no problem then suddenly, no start. We had the truck towed in and i went through the usual troubleshooting. When i couldn't find anything i bypassed the fuel pump relay with a paper clip. It started right up. I figured it was in the fuel pump circuit so i went down the line and the only thing left was the pump. I pulled the tank and then the pump. When i bench tested the pump it was fine. I was ready to pull my hair out of my head when i noticed a crimped fuel line. I replaced the line and the circuit returned to normal. I replaced the fuel pump anyway considering the tank was already down. Haven't had a problem since. Now this little episode may not be anything close to what your problem is but then again....just offering another option. good luck, Rick