Hot Rod Forum banner

Crappiest garage ever!

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  bentwings 
#1 ·
We have been working at my buddies shop- and I use the term loosely "shop"- because it is a very guy friendly hang out place away from our women LOL- it is actually 2 tents- those little canopies you can buy at Sams Club or Costco for about 150 bucks- hooked together with about 4 foot overlap. Now, remember, this is Alaska, lot's of snow and bad weather and very cold weather. So he has a furnace from a house laying on it's side he has run a gas line to from the house. It freezes up the minute he turns it off when it is real cold out. But damn if there isn't someone in there for about 12 hours a day LOL We have layers of carpet on dirt for the floor.

My buddy just spread apart two layers of the "garage door" to make a media blasting booth for cleaning my motor cycle motor!

So here is a couple of pics of the fellas working on my bike or lounging around this tent. It is practically a permanent structure, been there about 5 years. And it has a metal shed sticking out the side as a lockable "tool room". We have built 2 race cars and hundreds of repairs in this shop!

You got a Crappier place than this? With this actual much good work still being turned out? Love to see it!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You've got me beat, hands down. Mine's a crappy little shed, about 6'x12', a H.F. awning for the car. But it's only froze about 4 times this winter. Those pics remind me of hanging out in the 60's at a few buddies (hippies) places. :pimp: Dan

#6 ·
We have to wait for the condensation to dissapate off the TV before we turn it on after we turn on the heat. We have an old computer on-line for me to keep up with the e-bay and those guys to play on-line chess. We just have to wait for the condensation to go away before we turn it on LOL

It has been pretty warm up here, hardly ever below zero this winter LOL

#7 ·
poncho62 said:
Hey....beats a snowbank. At least you get some stuff done. These guys with the big shop that looks like you can eat off the floor, and they probably do, make me sick.

My place..
/\a real, cool, garage. Cool garages (aka "garage mahal" look like no cars ever get fixed in there), and most real garages are full of junk and crowded.

#9 ·
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
/ most real garages are full of junk and crowded.
I have two of those, a single car attached you can barely walk through and a 24 X 30 that with some rearranging and luck I will eventually squeeze my project into. I have too much "good stuff" somebody might need someday. Wish they'd hurry up and need it! :rolleyes:

#13 ·
poncho62 said:
My garage only looks half decent, because my basement is full.
im 19 and live at home. i have an old willys jeep grille in the garage I dragged home one day. dad threw it out, i went trash picking, and he finally let me keep it. I also have a hurst shifter, a number of emblems (mostly late model pontiacs), and an old Stewart-Warner tach that goes to 4000 rpm in my room. Not to mention a car battery wired to a cb radio that dad knows nothing about.

I gotta be crazy... :thumbup:

#15 ·
I'm paying $85mo for a 10x30 storage shed in one of those aluminum multi storage unit things,cause I can't have a car w/ no plates at my house cause of the landlord.Two lights and one 110V outlet.Sucks.I remember dropping the new motor in the monte when it was 3deg ouitside.

#16 ·
I am about ot reduce my inventory and space very soon....

We are making plans to retire in about 7yrs. I am going to put 5 cars on e-bay and get down to one and then buy a smaller place without the three car, two story garage with two car ports to hide all my stuff in.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

#17 ·
Y'all are real hard core..".specially ya guys in Alaska. I thought all of us 60's guys were the last of a breed. dirt floors oh my g ....
Congrats. welcome to the world of real people. LOL I trust everyone is in awe when they get a chance to work in a real heated garage with a ceement floor. LOL One with black and white tiles would probably do your pants :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.