Hot Rod Forum banner

Crashed my T-Bucket

7K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
Crashed my car on the way home from a show Sunday. Fastener failure let to an uncontrollable vehicle. Fortunately I was going slow and didn't get hurt. Car is fixable and will be fixed as soon as I can round up all the parts.

#44 ·
I should have everything by Thursday. i will just need to put it back together. The only thing I don't have confirmation on is the brake drum. I will need to paint some stuff, get tires mounted and balanced and bolt everything back on. there is a local show this Sunday but I am not sure I am going to make it.
My daughter also called me and she has one of the 5.3 Chevy tahoes that develop cracks in teh heads and she is loosing coolant with nothing visible. That could ruin my weekend plans in a hurry.

As a side note I would highly recommend Ron Pope to anyone looking for T-bucket or other hot rod parts. best customer service I have received in a long time.

#46 ·
the car is getting there. it has been 2 steps forward and i step back but I am moving forward. The front is all back together with the exception of the wheels. The lug studs are a different size that the nuts I had originally ordered. The guy just called me that my rear end housing is all set. Picking it up for the second time today. The bearing end shrunk a little when he welded it onto the new tube so he had to hone it so the bearing would slid in. it was a couple thousands off. Finally got the brake drum I needed, got the windshield glass replaced.
hopefully it will be together by the weekend. i need to round someone up to help me drop the body back on then a couple hours of getting everything wired and connected.

#51 ·
Body is on any attached. Turns out I think the frame is tweaked about 1/2 inch as I had to modify the body mount hole just a bit. The nice thing about the radius rod suspension is I can easily adjust that 1/2 in out of the front to rear alignment.
I still need to tie up the wiring and drop the gas tank in. I also found out my pinion mounted e-brake is broke. I need to take it apart to see why. I actually fired it tonight just to check the wiring and it fired right up. I also still need to drill the headlight bracket which is a bit of a challenge. I have a lot of stuff going on the next couple days so I probably wont get back to it until the week end. I am hoping to take it for a ride on sat or sun

#53 ·
Took the bucket for a ride today. Seems fine. Didn't take it on the highway as there is no sticker on the windshield and I didn't want to have to deal with Staties. The new full size brakes work a lot better than the tiny ones I had on there before. i have a weird noise i am going to have to track down but i think it was there before the accident. All that is left is to install the wiring tube for the headlight. Hopefully I can get to that tomorrow.
just in time for a couple of my favorite shows that are coming up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.