Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - crate chevy 302?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

1969 z

[QUOTE=Deuce]
Quote:
Originally posted by Biggarmike:
[QB]There is a lot of good info here on the 67-9 302. It's pretty funny now, everybody is cloning Z-28 Camaros. the original 302 wore DZ as engine code, good luck finding one. <hr></blockquote>

The original 302 Z28 engine code was MO. Check your books. DZ is 69.

I had a 67 Z28 in 68. One of 602. There were good but non as good as people WANT to believe. 67 Z's were unmarked. No emblems. I rode in mine when it still had the paper tag on it, Then bought it when my buddy went to Vietnam. He never came home....

Most everywhere in this land, Big Block Camaros and Chevelles ruled the roost. You can not take a 302 Chevrolet factory rated at 290HP and out run a 396 - 375HP Camaro or Chevelle with any kind of regularly. Like almost never. If Both cars are tuned equally and driven by comparable drivers......... by by 302. My 67 was stolen in 69 and I replaced it with a Forest Green 69 Z28 RS. After the 90 day warranty ran out, I took the 302 out and put in a L88 427 crate engine. Then I could run with the Big Guys. Takes a big block to beat a Big Block.

I do argee that MOST Z28's you see today at local shows, cruise nights and on the street are fakes. Clones is a polite way of saying FAKE.

The Z28's that show up at the National judged shows are mostly real, over restored but real.
just started reading thought you would like my input boughtnew 69 z put on headers 850 carb dual point distrubtor 513 gears ra 11.60 in 69 loved too race chevells and other big car loved the look on their face when relized theywere out run by a 302 also have another 69 z now history on car is that it fininshed 3rd at winter natonals in 69 not bad for a small bllock