View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 04:24 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussell85
what state is st. louis in

Kids today! Have no apprecaition for the birth place of toasted ravioli, icecream cone, hot dog, and the best BBQ pork steak you will ever find... Makes you wonder why we also have an obiesity problem...

Seeing that this question is from a fellow STL native, I suggest to you pulling your engine and taking it down to Buttons Automotive Machine shop- its way out in St. Peter's off highway K but they do great work and they don't over charge you. They can take it all apart and tell you what needs to be done, do it, and then put in all the go fast goodies that you buy or ask them to provide. I know several people that go there, including myself and all of us were pleased. I have tried other shops and have yet to find the same great service.

That being said I like building your own engine (or havinga shop do it) because you can get EXACTLY what you want. you can go as cheap or as top shelf as you want, pick your pistons, cam, bearings, etc- and be sure that you are happy knowing what you have.

And in all reality the price is about the same either way.