Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck..
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Boy does this bring back some memories. Some of my buddies and I would buy old cars that ran and drove for 50-100 dollars. We would then use them at the local race track for what was then called one on one races. Some of these cars never made it that far because we would practice on back roads slamming into each other as we tried to out run each other. On one weekend we had about destroyed a 1970 galaxie and when we parked it the engine was so hot the engine had run on and would not shut off and the heads were glowing red. Another one needed to be brought back from the track and we did not have a trailer. So we went over to pick it up and the right front tire was flat so I jumped in and told a buddy to follow me home. After a few miles of going 60 with a flat the center of the wheel broke out and the smoking wheel flew off the car into the ditch. Knowing that if i stopped we would be in even bigger trouble so I canned it and headed for home with a shower of sparks from what was left of the brake rotor. We dropped the car at a local shop and had a lot of explaining to do the next day when the owner of the shop called my dad about the car sitting in his parking lot. Even with the punishment that followed that was was a pretty good weekend.