Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck..
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,123 Times in 998 Posts
Some funny stuff guys! I know something will pop up in my head later but the second I read the thread title a vision came to me. The time I honestly thought that I could die. I have done a lot of stupid things in cars but seldom have they meant death if they failed.

But my best friend in high school (still is) had a 340 Duster. There was an old farm road near my house that had been the "Paradise Road" of our town for years. It was about a mile long with a nice smooth area in the middle that measured exactly a quarter mile. Well this buddy and I were on a shake down run one afternoon that scared me to death. We were going along on this old narrow road that had a huge crown, it was like driving on the top of a pipe. Anyway, I remember looking over at the speedo to see that it was PEGGED. We are talking WAY past the 120 mark and bouncing off the little peg that stops the needle from coming back around to zero!

My buddy has one hand on his leg and with other on the TOP of the steering wheel. He is lifting his elbow up so he can see the speedo! I was scared CHITLESS, I honestly saw my life flash before my eyes. I will never forget that!

This guy by the way is now a very accomplished autocrosser with a wife that does the same in her ZO6 Vette. Some guys never change.

Brian