Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck..
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:27 AM

Last journal entry: Adolessent J.R.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

One of several stories of my youth:

I Was Working at a car wash, When a well known Officer of the Law, brings his City Owned Harley, With Extra Chrome he bought, comes in for his often Wax & Polish job. Left Friday Night & Picked up Monday Morning.

The bike sitting in the polish bay with about 6 of us guys standing around it, looking... I Said: I'll bet none of you can Start The Bike! Well... My Response from them was, Nor can you!

That was true... But they arn't to know that!!! I said Sure I Can. Well they said Prove it!

I know it has a key somewhere... if i turn the key till the red light shows up someware on the instrument cluster "It's On". When I turned the key, a light came on! I said that is how... But they said 'It not running! O.K. I turned the key to START. ( IT LUNGED FORWARD, IN FIRST GEAR, INTO THE WORK BENCH! Braking the Head Light & Wind Shield!) The other guys were too scared to Laugh... I Went to the H.D. Dealer & bought a NEW: Headlight & Windshield. & Replaced them... When the Officer came to pick up the bike: He said: The Windshield looks like new, with a puzzled look on his face. I LOOKED AT HIM AND SAID "DON'T ASK" in a pleeding tone.