Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck..
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

While living in Troy,N.Y. I discoverd some railroad tracks on top of a steep incline and quite by accident I found out what the"caution" sign meant,when I caught air by accident (really) ,the van I was driving flew nice and level and landed on all fours, it felt like a foot of air but was probably 5-6 inches. ( what a blast) so I did what any young adventurous male would do.......I turned around and did it again......but faster.....holy mother of god......I flew and flew,still landed beautifully (must have been the balance of the van) now that was fun...so much fun I went and picked up my friends (two)we got an aluminum lawn chair so the third guy could ride "beach" (in the middle) and headed for the tracks,we hit the tracks at 15mph and flew...everybody loved it and we did it every day for about a week.....then we started talking about in front of another friend and he wanted to try it so away we went but this time I floored it,we caught so much air I had time to see other cars coming the opposite direction pulling over(way over)it felt like eight foot of air this time (but was probably ten),and came in for a perfect landing.unfortunenetly we hit the ground so hard we bounced three or four times catching air again and again, the guy next to me squashed the aluminum chair flat into the floor....I can only imagine what the people coming from the other direction thought ,seeing the whole bottom of that van coming towards them......I dont know how I survived my teenage years.and my dear old mom says the same thing....but she dont know the half of it. After seeing other cars coming for the first time I never did it again........I never thought of that. ahhhhh ,to be young and dumb