Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck..
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My very first car was a 72 buick skylark 2 door with a 350, buckets, console, actually a very nice car but on its last leg when I got it for 600 bucks. After a short time I noticed that the tranny started slipping. Turns out it had a rear seal leak and was low on fluid. Every time I let the car sit I would put a plastic pail under the car, every time I went to leave I would just pour the tranny fluid back into the tranny first. One night after a party two of my buds and I were eager to get on the road, I poured the fluid back into the trans, well the forward bands in the old tranny had finally gave up the ghost and we were not moving. Then a bud said "hey what about reverse?" I dropped it into R and well she worked just fine. I drove home about 10 miles through the city at 3AM in reverse with a bud sitting on the door with his hands on the roof and half his body out the window shouting directions and laughing his face off. Lord only knows why we get away with some of the crap we did as kids!? That was the last time I ever drove that car..sold it to a farmer for 300 bucks, wish I still had it.