The craziest thing you ever did with a car,or truck.. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I've told this story previously, but a recap:

We had a hand fabricated long-boom wrecker based on a 1-ton Jimmy. It was made for pulling engines and maneuvering cars into/out of spaces in our salvage yard.

I'd hook onto an engine/transmission w/the cable, out on the end of that long boom. If I bogged it in some sand and popped the clutch, that big-A GMC would rear back onto its dualies and hold it as long as you cared to keep it up there.

Forward visibility for this 11-year-old was, however, limited...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

This one isn't too crazy but man was it funny. Four of us left a party in a buddies 67 ford van. It was pitch black out side and we were on the back roads for obvious reasons. As we drove it started getting foggy out I mean really foggy we had slowed down to 20 miles per hour and still had a hard time seeing the road. After driving for about twenty minutes it was time for a pit stop. When we opened the door it was clear as a bell outside. The engine on the old ford van sits between the seats and the radiator hose sprung a leak fogging up the windows. Now if this happened to you would you tell anyone?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:31 PM
66 mustang

When i was round 15 or 16 i knocked round with a guy paul mackie, he had a MK III ford zephyr with racing slicks on.Man this guy could drive, there is a whole new sport now called drifting, well my mate must have invented it 30 yrs ago,it must have been winter at the time coz everywhere he went , we went around all corners sideways,no seatbelts,man, were we lucky nothing bad ever happened.This guy could drive man,he was very impressive, and prolly dangerous!
russ
later gator
Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

I am 24 now and i got my license when i was 17. My dad bought a 97 jeep wrangler and I drove it back and forth to school. Shortly after I started driving the jeep a buddy of mine bought an Izuzu Amigo. After that it was muddy trails atleast once a week, we would even leave school early if it was a nice day in the spring. We went out one night and it was pouring down rain, we decided to take some trails we have never taken before and low and behold I get stuck. Now my dad always worked out of town during the week so it was never really a big deal to go out during the week because he wouldn't know about it but we went out on a friday night when he was home. It took us almost 5 hours to get that jeep out of the mud while it was filling up with water and pouring down rain to make the water deeper. After we got the jeep out I decided to go into town to wash and vacuum the thing out because I knew he was going to see it in the morning. My plan was golden until I woke up the next morning and there was about of inch of water in the jeep from where it had lifted out of the carpets or something. Fun times. Dad is gone now but I still think of all the times he would tell me to keep it out of the mud and I would say but its a JEEP isn't it made for it. LOL
Old 07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

when I was fifteen I stayed at my cousins house for a summer. One day his sister wanted him to take his s-10 and pick up some cement bricks for her patio. When we got to menards she bought 100 of them at 25 pounds a piece. I looked at my cousin and said that it was only 250 pounds, he said well **** it will handle that. The guy loaded them and the truck squated lower and lower and lower. He could barely steer the truck going down the road. When we got home his dad came out and said why is that truck loaded so heavy and he said well it is only 250 pounds. And his dad said my *** it is. I said it is 100 cement bricks at 25 pounds a piece. He said that is f'n 2500 pounds and I said oh yeah it would be wouldn't it. Fun times.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I can tell you one thing about a jeep.What ever you do ''NEVER'' And I mean ''NEVER'' Take off down the road without the side hood latch's ''LATCHED''!!!! Don't even ask how I know..I left a pond that my boss own,He said meet me at the shop..Well while at the pond that day,I had to get the jeep to the back of the pond.It had a very good bottom to the pond.My boss said get the jeep to the back of the pond no matter how you do it..Well the jeep had a v8 in it with some 35'' tire's.I knew there was only one way I want to get it there. Right through the pond.So I open the hood sprayed All the wire's with WD-40..Went through the pond all day with no problem's.Well when it was time to go,He said meet me at the shop after you lock the gate..No problem..Got out on the street unlocked the wheels.Took off down the road,When I got to about 40 MPH..That hood opened up and didn't stop till it hit the windshield.. And case you don't know it.The windshield will open all the way until it hits the windshield.Well to make this short,When I got to the shop,He said you dumb A** you don't even have to tell me what happen..

I was 19 yrs old when this happen,I had a lot of fun that day in the pond.But It sure took a right turn fast..

And there was no getting out from putting a new windshield back in the jeep..
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Last photo:

One day me and my first wife and some friends.took my boat out to go skiing. My Father-in-law said use my truck to bring your boat to the Dock.. Well that was all good..Until I backed up the boat into the water. I was the only one in the truck.My wife didn't like to watch.She had her back to me..Well all was good,My friend was taking the boat off the trailer..All of a sudden,, The Da* truck started to slide down the ramp. I was hitting the brake's like a ''mad man'' !!! They had someone standing on the bank on side of me,And he was yelling,''YOUR WHEELS ISN'T TURNING'' But I ''NEVER'' stopped hitting them.The water was coming through the window's ''Very fast'' At this point.Well when the water got to my chin,I said P**** on this truck,''TIME TO GET OUT'' !!! And I did,But right when I got the door open to get out,The trailer jack knife and the truck stopped..I was standing next to the truck in the water.At this time my X_WIFE turned around,And let me tell you..That was a look on her face I will never forget. I told her to go call her daddy,She said no way IN he**.. While I was standing in the water,The people that was yelling at me,I looked over at them,And I asked them..Would you like me to launch your boat for you,,And they said...''THAT'S ALL RIGHT'' And the look on there face,Was one I never forgot too.Well we got the truck out before My x-father-in law got there,But he could still tell it went under..He walked up and his favorite word all the time is...''what's happen'' With a big smile on his face.But I knew he was mad..He said yall go skiing..And I will have the truck back by the time yall are done...When we got home I said ..man I know your Mad at me..And He said ...Look I only paid $50.00 For that truck,And then he smiled at me...And Let me say this...He has ''LOT'S'' and ''LOT'S'' and did I say ''LOT'S'' of money.... Maybe that's why..

Oh!! And the only thing that didn't get wet was,The rear view mirror..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 07-11-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:01 PM

Last photo:

Sorry.. double post..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 07-11-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:14 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
One day me and my first wife and some friends.took my boat out to go skiing. My Father-in-law said use my truck to bring your boat to the Dock.. Well that was all good..Until I backed up the boat into the water. I was the only one in the truck.My x-wife didn't like to watch.She had her back to me..Well all was good,My friend was taking the boat off the trailer..All of a sudden,, The Da* truck started to slide down the ramp. I was hitting the brake's like a ''mad man'' !!! They had someone standing on the bank on side of me,And he was yelling,''YOUR WHEELS ISN'T TURNING'' But I ''NEVER'' stopped hitting them.The water was coming through the window's ''Very fast'' At this point.Well when the water got to my chin,I said P**** on this truck,''TIME TO GET OUT'' !!! And I did,But right when I got the door open to get out,The trailer jack knife and the truck stopped..I was standing next to the truck in the water.At this time my X_WIFE turned around,And let me tell you..That was a look on her face I will never forget. I told her to go call her daddy,She said no way IN he**.. While I was standing in the water,The people that was yelling at me,I looked over at them,And I asked them..Would you like me to launch your boat for you,,And they said...''THAT'S ALL RIGHT'' And the look on there face,Was one I never forgot too.Well we got the truck out before My x-father-in law got there,But he could still tell it went under..He walked up and his favorite word all the time is...''what's happen'' With a big smile on his face.But I knew he was mad..He said yall go skiing..And I will have the truck back by the time yall are done...When we got home I said ..man I know your Mad at me..And He said ...Look I only paid $50.00 For that truck,And then he smiled at me...And Let me say this...He has ''LOT'S'' and ''LOT'S'' and did I say ''LOT'S'' of money....
When I first started reading this post, my thoughts turned to a boat, is neither a car, 'oar' truck. LOL
Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
When I first started reading this post, my thoughts turned to a boat, is neither a car, 'oar' truck. LOL
Yes I know.But the truck got the raw end of the deal.. Remember it all happen in the truck..

I don't like to tell anyone about this..But I thought yall would love the laugh..
Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
GROAN!! lol

They say the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he gets it...

And the day he gets rid of it!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
GROAN!! lol

They say the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he gets it...

And the day he gets rid of it!

That is the truth..
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 PM

Last photo:

We used to like to ramp things. Hills, levees, whatever you could find to take off from. I launched my '69 Nova off the western approach embankment of the Jimmie Davis Bridge going ~60mph while the bridge was under construction. We never touched the downhill part of the embankment, just landed on the flat ground at the bottom, and skidded to a stop just short of the Red River.

Total damage to car: A chunk of hard clay got beween the fan and the radiator and pin-holed the radiator.

Total damage to me: One lower lip bit through when lower teeth hit the steering wheel.

Total damage to passenger: None, and his gangly a** wasn't even belted in.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

My very first car was a 72 buick skylark 2 door with a 350, buckets, console, actually a very nice car but on its last leg when I got it for 600 bucks. After a short time I noticed that the tranny started slipping. Turns out it had a rear seal leak and was low on fluid. Every time I let the car sit I would put a plastic pail under the car, every time I went to leave I would just pour the tranny fluid back into the tranny first. One night after a party two of my buds and I were eager to get on the road, I poured the fluid back into the trans, well the forward bands in the old tranny had finally gave up the ghost and we were not moving. Then a bud said "hey what about reverse?" I dropped it into R and well she worked just fine. I drove home about 10 miles through the city at 3AM in reverse with a bud sitting on the door with his hands on the roof and half his body out the window shouting directions and laughing his face off. Lord only knows why we get away with some of the crap we did as kids!? That was the last time I ever drove that car..sold it to a farmer for 300 bucks, wish I still had it.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Last photo:

Just wanted to say thanks,I sure enjoy the stories.And I hope everyone did too..I thought this would be kind of fun to let everyone know that everyone once in their life had a crazy time are two in their car..Some don't like to talk about it,(are just don't want anyone to know)..I know I didn't at first..But what the He** ...Thought I would give someone a laugh about my life..Thanks again to everyone that posted..

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.