crazy larry goes street racing... or i had my arse handed to me by a v6.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

crazy larry goes street racing... or i had my arse handed to me by a v6....

lol, settle down guys. the other morning, i took my boys out to the golf course for a tourny, on the way out of the country club, i ran up behind a dropped s10. he turns right onto a 4 lane highway and goes nowhere. so i pull out to go around him when he nails it and proceeds to leave at a rapid pace. so i thought to myself, "floor it" well, i allready had, ....
i caught up to him (cos he let me) and asked wth he had under the hood.... (in my best English accent) FO' 'UNDRED AN' 'IXTY 'ORSE POWER!!!! he replies..... we stopped at a 4 way intersection, he says (with a bigass smile) you go ahead.... so i did, i see him in my review mirror, all FOUR wheels break loose and start smoking...... he caught me just as he was shifting into second, man o man, his truck just hunkered down and ripped..... i was impressed. he pulled into a breakfast place, i followed, long story short, twin turbo'ed water intercooled v6 with allwheel drive...... i'm damn glad i was in my wifes car and not my truck as i'm sure i'd of had some kind of depression after dropping 2.5k into my motor and been left like that...........it was a good morning.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

CRAZY.....I have to say how much I don't approve of what you did......think of the safety.......

"$HOW $M$UCH $DID Y$OU MA$KE?"$
All the $$$$ is in the rematch!!!!
prepare thy next engine!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:45 PM

Last photo:

Oh boy, wait till TurboS10 hears about this one. He's gonna be grinnin WIDE

Glad no one pulled out in front of you guys.

MoocH
Old 03-03-2004, 04:07 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

we never exceded the legally posted speed limits....

i guess it was more an EXHIBITION OF ACCELERATION.......
Old 03-03-2004, 04:30 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

There's nothing wrong with an exhibit of acceleration as long as it ends before the speed limit is reached.

Centerline
Old 03-03-2004, 04:50 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

i couldnt care less if you went 180 as long as there wasnt any traffic. 4lane hwy tells me 79mph minimum speed in the fast lane. but why bother, wasnt even close. if you are on a freeway with no chance of cross traffic and it's deserted that is the perfect time for a STREET RACE. i've heard it is "officially" the position of this board that we are against street racing. if so, i'd like to see the poll that said so. if it wasnt for street racing this would be called the "www.dragracers.com" if in fact you CAN show me some sort of a vote to that effect, call me a dissenter.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I don't want to add fuel to the fire here but if you'll check, I don't believe anyone ever said this site was a democracy. Fact is, it's not. It's Jon's site and what he says goes. The last time I checked Jon and the mods all agree that this site will not advocate or condone street racing and unless he changes things that's the way it's going to be. It's as simple as that.

Centerline
Old 03-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Hmmm, sounds like a GMC Syclone........... an All Wheel Drive S-15 with a very healthy 4.3. If it was those were pretty darn quick before any mods.

BTW, I've driven in Texas. Back in '84 my buddy and I took a scooter trip to Texas to see his brother. We're cruisin' through DFW on a Friday afternoon on our motorcycles runnin' 70 in a 55 and gettin' passed like we were parked. Up comes one of Dallas' finest and blips the lights and siren as he pulls alongside, GREAT we're Yankees on motorcycles WE'RE getting busted for speeding.... We look over to see him pointing forward in a very animated fashion and mouthing "GET THE F@*# MOVING!!!" and away he goes!!!! Who were we to argue with an officer of the law ? We twisted 'em up to 95 and we were STILL getting passed !
Old 03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippie
Hmmm, sounds like a GMC Syclone........... an All Wheel Drive S-15 with a very healthy 4.3. If it was those were pretty darn quick before any mods.

BTW, I've driven in Texas. Back in '84 my buddy and I took a scooter trip to Texas to see his brother. We're cruisin' through DFW on a Friday afternoon on our motorcycles runnin' 70 in a 55 and gettin' passed like we were parked. Up comes one of Dallas' finest and blips the lights and siren as he pulls alongside, GREAT we're Yankees on motorcycles WE'RE getting busted for speeding.... We look over to see him pointing forward in a very animated fashion and mouthing "GET THE F@*# MOVING!!!" and away he goes!!!! Who were we to argue with an officer of the law ? We twisted 'em up to 95 and we were STILL getting passed !

Motorcycle speedos show 15 to 20% better than what you are really going.

But yea it's very fast paced around here, and Dallas cops don't care.
Duncanville cops on the other hand will pull you over for no reason.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by FASTCHEVY
Motorcycle speedos show 15 to 20% better than what you are really going.
Well according to the friendly officer from the Wisconsin Highway Patrol who wrote me up a few months later for 59 in a 55 my bike speedo was right on but as a rule yeah, bike speedos aren't usually that accurate. I'm not being sarcastic about the friendly part either, he wrote me a ticket for 4 over but he was so cool about the whole thing I didn't even get upset. The last Illinois Trooper that pulled me over just gave me a BS warning for driving on my Antique plates but he was such a horse's behind I was mad for a week.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippie
Well according to the friendly officer from the Wisconsin Highway Patrol who wrote me up a few months later for 59 in a 55 my bike speedo was right on but as a rule yeah, bike speedos aren't usually that accurate. I'm not being sarcastic about the friendly part either, he wrote me a ticket for 4 over but he was so cool about the whole thing I didn't even get upset. The last Illinois Trooper that pulled me over just gave me a BS warning for driving on my Antique plates but he was such a horse's behind I was mad for a week.

I can't remember were I read that, but it is a fact. the M/C makers
also set a limit for how fast the bikes will run. I gess that's to
keep so many people from geting killed on bikes.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:32 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

speedos off? i got my bike license when i was 14 in what, 1969. first i've heard of this one. but yeah, i think they do have some kind of law to keep bikes from speeding. ! they detune them here so they only go about 160. and thats in MILES per hour, not KILOS. where do you guys get this information at anyway? as far as getting a speeding ticket for 4 mph over, i'd stuff it up his wisconsin cheese eating ***** before i let some sheite for brains cop leave all friendly with me for such a chicken crap ticket.

and so if i do a search for street racing i'll find Jon saying we dont condone street racing? what do you expect him to say officially in this sue happy f'd up society we are living in? everybody knows people get killed by people on the highways and even sometimes streetracing. but if im not gonna feel the need for speed on the highway i might as well leave my car stock. why put a high rise or headers or etc on something thats never gonna make it to the track. if we got rid of everyone here that didnt have a time slip there wouldnt be 10k members, there would be 100. (holy crap, that isnt 10,000 anymore, its 18,000!!! wow no wonder we never hear from HK anymore )

Last edited by bullheimer; 03-03-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:50 PM

Last photo:

right on bull, its about time someone opens up.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by bullheimer

and so if i do a search for street racing i'll find Jon saying we dont condone street racing? what do you expect him to say officially in this sue happy f'd up society we are living in? everybody knows people get killed by people on the highways and even sometimes streetracing. but if im not gonna feel the need for speed on the highway i might as well leave my car stock. why put a high rise or headers or etc on something thats never gonna make it to the track. if we got rid of everyone here that didnt have a time slip there wouldnt be 10k members, there would be 100. (holy
crap, that isnt 10,000 anymore, its 18,000!!! wow no wonder we never hear from HK anymore )

Damn straight! and until they build a strip in Dallas I don't want
to hear anybodys PC bull ***** about street racing!

It's fine with me that street racing is not a topic on this site, but right or wrong, people still do it.

Shane.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Yeah, everybody has their opinions about the whole street-race topic (which we do talk about every week, as mentioned by mustangman last week when we talked about it lol, good eye man!). I know most of you think I'm dead-set against street-racing, and for the most part I think its kinda dumb, but I definitely dont see anything wrong with going fast on the highway. I lived in Germany for a while, and it works over there, it could here too if it weren't for our scarred government that writes too many damned laws about every stupid little thing. You can drive with a beer in your had in Germany too. If you think about it, WHY NOT??? If you're under the legal damned limit, what difference does it make where you friggin drank the stupid beer!?!? People can drink on the streets and in the subways there too. Its not a problem, because their society hasn't made it so freaking taboo to have a beer. How stupid our society is for that.

Yeah, so back to my original point. I KNOW speed does not kill on the highway. Germany's highways are filled with cars going anywhere from 70-170mph and it works. Why? Because people freaking know how to drive. IF you have a fast car, get in the left lane and go fast. If you don't get your butt in the right lane and get the HELL OUT OF THE WAY. Germany's fatality ratio on the highway is probably lower than ours. Speed is not the problem, people's stupid driving habits are. The only argument I'd make against speed on the highway (other than its currently illegal in our country) is that I hate it when some jerk goes swerving in and out of traffic so he can get two cars ahead of you and almost hits your car. That guy needs a size 12 up his *****.

I would even go so far to say that timid drivers (who I freaking hate, make damned decision!!! ahhh!!!) cause as many if not more accidents than aggressive drivers. Honestly, who's going to react faster to a quick situation, a guy who's driven, aggressive, type 1 personality and focused, or some air-head asian lady who just started driving here and takes forever to decide if she can turn on red or not? I rest my case.

K

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.