Creating NEW t-bucket frame plans - Need TONS of info, plans & measurements - HELP! - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 09:49 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

all the progress picturs that have been posted on the HAMB are now uploaded to my web space

http://www.filefarmer.com/spadfarmer/Tbucket/

i also aquired a second set of building plans that are much more in depth, so i should be able to move along a bit quicker now

Advertisement

Last edited by lowROLLERchevy; 01-10-2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: fixed the link because filefarmer is effin retarded and wouldnt allow the link to be mis-capitalized
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 07:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Bucket Plans

Hey Low Roller.how 'bout Shooting The Plans My
My Way .tryin' To Decide Between A Bucket & A C-cab.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:56 PM

still working things out, i just finaly managed to locate a decent set of body measurements, up untill a few days ago i was just guessing at things

ill get back to making patterns as soon as i can man

hit up the link above, it should work now that i fixed it, should give you some idea what the plans should look like when im done

i have finalized the "classic" and "sparky" side views, as seen below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sparky redesign.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	9154   Click image for larger version

Name:	t bucket redesign.jpg
Views:	2528
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	9155   Click image for larger version

Name:	sparky redesign rake.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	9156  

Last edited by lowROLLERchevy; 01-10-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:24 AM

the frame layout for sparky, pieces are in order front to rear, with the ends labeled a, b , c ect. this label system will be set up so that the letters are "inside the frame rail" so that if you actualy cut the pieces out as patterns, their order is still easy to understand and transfer to the steel parts
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YGP42.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	9158  
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 AM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

Have you looked at any other frames? Check out http://www.speedwaymotors.com/xq/asp...tLargeView.htm

Even simpler: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/xq/asp...tLargeView.htm

Also see: http://www.tperformance.com/street_r..._t_bucket_kit/

and: http://www.tperformance.com/street_r..._t_bucket_kit/

and:
http://www.tperformance.com/street_r...ucket_kits.cfm

Notice there is a simple "Z" at the back. Two welds is it. The fewer welds, the stronger it will be -- the less likely there will be a bad weld or failure due to heat. It won't take as long to build either. KISS is usually better. This might be similar to the previous design, but can't be patented.

Drawings can be copyrighted, but the ideas that are in common use can't. you don't need to be that different. A copyright on a drawing of some public or common use item can't be duplicated, but another drawing can be made with minor changes (as minor as rotation, or different notes) and it's fine -- as long as it's common items. I can make a drawing of a car out on the street and copyright that drawing, but that doesn't mean someon else can't draw the same car in the same location. It just can't be a duplicate of mine, or has to be proven to be original. If we are both exacting artists who draw/paint in near photographic realism (I know a couple air brush artists who do just that), the drawings could look identical.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:20 PM

yea, i know, those are the plans for sparky, which is ment to be super lowand have the space to bolt in a 4 link at the same time

the plans for the "classic design (below) are going to be much simpler

Old 01-13-2006, 12:59 AM

think i have the front suspension for sparky nailed down. its not as easy as it looks to get everything to fit and (seemingly) work well together

i tried to convince a friend of mine to build a T-bucket this summer, but he wants to do an AWD import of some sort ... bastard...

the design ive decided to go with has frame horns that extend upwards to mount the coilovers, which could then easily have a headlight bar incorperated into the design for some extra support
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YGPD9.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	9193  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:34 AM

AWD T? It can be done if you bring it up about 6" from what the front height in the "Classic" design. Would take some creative work with the radiator, left side exhaust, steering column, and floor. Move the radiator out in front of the axle to both hide the diff and provide clearance. Engine may have to be offset to the right a little, and would probably be better if it's an in-line four or six. Well, by the time you do all this it's not really a T any more, but a lengthend nose "Track T" type body would look good on one. The radiator could be tilted back over the front axle -- that would look better.

To get it lower something more like an inverted A frame would likely work better -- like the American Underslung I mentioned earlier. Get a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L for parts and you'd be all set! I think the transfer case can be clocked on those to bring it more to the side (not as low), but not sure. Might take a custom T-case to trans adapter. The only problem I see with that is the floor would have to be raised to clear the front driveshaft right under the accelerator. Under the seat isn't to much of a problem, the seat would just sit directly on the floor. You can always raise the whole floor and sit nearly straight legged in it... Something for your friend to consider! Make it look kind of like Cboys twin I-beam rig. With a straight six I think and underslung chassis could be built to sit that low, with the caveat that the body would look that low, but have a higher floor as described above.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:06 AM

no no .. i was trying to talk him into a rear wheel drive T ... none of this awd conversion crap for me ... heck no .....
Old 01-17-2006, 08:58 PM

complete CAD drawings for a Model A woody

No Advertising.

===========================
-Croz

Last edited by Croz; 01-19-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:34 AM

Keep on keeping on

Low roller,
Keep up the good work. I understand what it is that you are trying to do and it seems that your quest is not totally understood by some. Yes it would be easier to buy the plans for $25 and yes it would be easier to buy a kit but lost is the true spirit of hot rodding in this. I'm very sure that the rodding masters did not have the benefit of a kit. What ever happened to community and trial and error.
Please! continue what you are doing. In a world where everything comes at a cost it is refreshing to hear that someone still gets the true spirit of the internet and what it first stood for, sharing of information and communication.

Last edited by Neovangogh; 01-19-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:01 PM

lowroller,
how are the plans for the frame coming?any thing i can do to help?shoot me a reply.anxious to here how things are going.
C-CAB CRAZY
Old 01-22-2006, 02:57 PM

which set of frame plans do you want ? "classic: or "sparky" ?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:43 PM

bucket plans

LOWROLLER
if it aint too much trouble i would like both sets of plans.thanks
C-CAB CRAZY
Old 01-23-2006, 07:02 AM

I get the idea, and agree with it. I was just suggesting looking at other frames and copying some of the basics. A simple frame is just that -- the idea or design is not patentable or protected, just the actual drawing on paper is copyrighted. You can go measure a frame out yourself from something that is available to the general public and draw it out, especially f it's been in "common use" for decades, like a 1960s T bucket frame, especially a modified original. You can't go measure a commercially available frome and get by with it, but you can view photos and incorporate those ides into your own design. Someone would have to prove you had access to a frame ot measure if you happened to have some of the same measurements. Because of the standardization of many parts it's inevitable that some will be the same.

I hope options for a traditional, standard T cross spring axle is incorporated in the final plans as well as the coil over front end. But that should be a simple mod.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.