Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Creative Ways of Attaching Door Panels
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Creative Ways of Attaching Door Panels

I haven't gotten to fabricating door panels for my truck yet, but will be soon enough and I've been daydreaming about ways of attaching the panels to the doors for months and months on end.

I can't stand the idea of using door panel clips ... they're such a pain in the butt; the plastic ones get ruined after a while; the old-school metal ones are much cooler (if you ask me) ... but this, in my opinion, is just a rotten way of doing it.

I keep thinking I want to screw the panels to the doors. That way, whenever I want to remove and replace them, it's a simple and surefire method. Problem is, who wants to see screws? It certainly presents a challenging design problem.

Harley Davidson sells chrome button-head screws that use an allen wrench and look pretty cool but, again, it's a challenging design problem.

Recently, I've been thinking the screws could be hidden into the design of the panels by putting them behind a flap that's secured with velcro ... or by making complimentary buttons that are velcro'd over the screws.

What do you think? Or ... have you any creative ideas in this area?

Last edited by horvath; 02-07-2007 at 08:52 AM.