Crooks and cowards. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Crooks and cowards.

In the last two weeks I have had two bikes stolen and also my lawn furniture, every neighbour in my cul-de-sac has been hit too. The neighbor's wife seen the crew, three cased the yards and 7 more came and they did a snatch and grab. So I went on a spree of making sure my stuff is secure, checked all the locks on the doors and verified there was no point that was an easy target. Even put a bar across the garage side door, their gonna need a ram to get into my house.

Motion lights in the backyard light the only easy route of escape and nothing gets left outside anymore. We can't leave the lower level windows open to enjoy the cool breeze of the Canadian prairie evening, too easy to pry that open. I have even thought about building a dedicated computer just for a set of usb CCD cameras that shoot when they see movement, jury's still out on that one.

I was finally feeling a little safer about the family when this morning I find the trunk lid on the SHO has been keyed unmercifully...bad enough that no buffer is gonna get it out. They even did the spoiler. Worst thing is I went to bed at 4:00AM so they did it between 4:15AM and 9:00AM...must have been waiting for me to go to bed?

Today is my first day of holidays...woopeee.

Of course the cops are no help, what can they do? I brought up the baseball bats from the basement, if I can catch them at it...I'm hitting a home run. I don't need no stinkin badge to dole out a little justice...sometimes eating through a straw for a couple of weeks is all the motivation a person needs you know?

Anyone know where I can buy small diameter razor wire? I think electric fences inside city limits are illegal. Is this how everyone else lives? Can my children never have a "tent" sleepover now? What kind of fool needs plastic lawn furniture so bad he has to steal it?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2003, 12:04 AM
No Bodies does it better

Last photo:

Set the whore on fire....

I doubt it is grown men but more males between the ages of 16-19. I can't say I was a saint, I mean we use to go around and take those little reflector things people use to mark their drive ways but I've never keyed anything of anyones and I've never stolen a bike or lawn furniture. just markers....I think the usb stuff will work. or maybe if you just wait up an entire night and catch the basterds. I really hate the fact that someone is doing this to you chuck. Maybe Dave is in town? Another consideration is neigborhood watch. Get the neighbors togeather and talk this over...but if you guy catch these crooks you can make examples of them and probably never have problems again. And who cars what legal the cops don't seem to care you feel unsafe? I'd say buy a 12 gauge and just start knocking heads....but hey I'm using the common American logic there. If you can't beat it, shot the hell out of it...

I hope it all gets better

Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Chuck, you did show pictures of the wing and fart can crowd in your area. Was it them or some out of towners? My best wishes on you catching them. And I do mean YOU catching them!!!! Remember to drop your knees and start the swing at your waist!

Do you prefer wood or aluminum bats?
Old 07-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Air Trans

Last photo:

Chuck I know how you feel had some one break into my house. We left to go out to eat, realized I left my wallet at the house about 10 minutes down the road. Went back they had already been in and out got my DVD and all the DVD's $5000 in jewlery. Moved my guns around looking for something??? but did not take the guns??? Took them less than 20 minuts. Pried the front door open broke the dead bolt. Now have alarm and 2 dead bolts on each door.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:26 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Do you prefer wood or aluminum bats?
I have a Louisville Slugger Vintage 1978 Long handle (I'm 6'1") that I have handy, grips stickem'd...ready to go. There ain't nothing like Louisville pine for punch. Never been a big fan of aluminum...makes too much noise.

I have a little bait thing running through my head actually.

here kitty kitty...don't be afraid...I won't hurt you...come a little closer.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Chuck...it is probably all from the ricer convention that was held next door to your house. All that pointing and laughing and peeking thru the blinds you and 4JC were doing....well you know. I bet none of the ricer cars got the key taken to them. Looks to me like since the weather is warm time for night recon from the rooftop. Just bait em' with some patio furniture and maybe throw in a few plastic yard Flamingoes for good measure. Get a walkie talkie and a few neighbors that are also armed. Nothing like a Louisville Slugger surprise as they round the corner on a dead run. Never knew what hit em' and out cold so they cannot identify the tree they run into. Hard to make a good ID with the eyes swelled completey shut anyhow.

Kevin
Old 07-12-2003, 06:20 AM

Just like deer hunting. Get some camo, climb a tree and wait. When the little basturds get close to your house or vehicle start shooting. Don't hit them, just close. Scare the crap out of them, word will get out The police can't be everywhere and you have a right to protect your family and home !
Old 07-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

You've got my permission, 4j. It's time to teach them a lesson. Just make sure they don't know who did it. How many bank robbers in the U. S. sued the banks they tried to rob and got away with it cause they got hurt tryng to rob it. It's happened. Get'em tiger.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Leave a bike or some other potentially tasty metal object for the theaves to take outside by a shrub. Run a thin peice of wire from the object to an electric fence box or 12 volt battery. They touch that bike and you will not only hear it, but that goon will still be there when you get out there with the bat. All you need is to get one of them and he'll turn the rest in like dominoes, people have no loyalty these days. Keep one of those 30,000-50,000volt stun guns handy just in case he gets tight lipped, make sure to squirt him down with the garden hose so the voltage spreads and isn't consentrated in one area (no marks). Or a knee sock and a bar of soap or potatoe will work well too, but I find that too tiring.

Or let me atem and I'll bring out the really old school stuff "The Pear". Ma'am, I promiss, your son will never steal again, and I don't think he'll ever be right again either. Burry them alive maby? Sickem Chuck!

HK
Old 07-12-2003, 08:52 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Bait. A motion alarm set on the bottom of a lawn chair, a cheap surveillance camera tied into the alarm, surprise. This sounds like these guys are crackheads or trying to steal furnishings and other necessities for a move into new digs. I'll have to agree with you, eating through a straw should deter a few from hitting the neighborhood again. Kneecaps are an option. Dan
Old 07-12-2003, 10:44 AM

Last journal entry: almost ready to go in
Last photo:

hey if ya catch one break his left leg and his right arm.

Why?

Cant use crutches
Cant use a walking stick
Cant use a wheelchair

LoL

Craig
Old 07-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Shot gun loaded with rock salt and sit back in the shadows and wait for them to take the bate, which should be chained down but with a long piece of chain, SUPRISE-BOOM-ouch-ouch-the pain!! Happy hunting, go get the little bastoids!

Todd
Old 07-12-2003, 11:29 AM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Crack off a round of rock salt in there *** and they will gladly skip your house next time. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 07-12-2003, 12:50 PM
LT4 Pilot

Sorry to hear of your troubles 4Jaw. I could forgive the missing items, but keying the SHO is unforgiveable. I was no saint, but vandalism was never even a thought. The word " felony " always had a way of keeping me in check. Not so anymore, I guess.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Guy with the small engine

Last photo:

a paintball gun and ball bearings/ frozen paintballs are always an option

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.