Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Crossfire fuel injection converted to Carberator?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 01:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I would strongly consier staying fueld injected. I have a 70 mustang and dropped a fuel injected engine into it, it was pretty much hell getting it to go in nicely so i converted it back to carbureted, witch cost me a little under a thousand, if i could do it all over i would not have converted back, but here is the parts your probably going to need to get.

New intake manifold around 150 dollars

4 bbl carburetor talking about 300 for a good one

inline fuel pump running 7 psi 100 dollars

new throttle assembly to carburetor

new distibutor because the one on there currently is probably an electonic one. Your looking at around 200 for that plus ignigtion box, youll still be able to use your old coik pack your just going to have to do some wiring.

So all and all i would stick with fueld injection because it is a headache to convert back because you have to retime your engine and tune your carb. with fuel injected you get much better gas milage and you can even hook your laptop up to your computer and see what is going wrong with your car, and tune it if your really into racing.

let me know how it goes and if you have any questions ill be around later