Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom Air Compressor Guide
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Ok, I do understand how a compressor works with hp, cfm, volume etc. I know that you dont get any more cfm capabillities with a larger tank, but you do get more volume. I dont have any air tools (sander etc) or need any air tools to run for a long period of time. I have a zippy wheel thing but that is just quick bursts anyways. The tanks on the compressors both have blow off valves at 130psi, so there is not 1, but 2! I got the tank compressor for cheap, and the propane tank was free. I just build go karts and ****, so i dont do heavy duty car work or anything. Its a hobby compressor, not a shop compressor. Its a great setup, and works perfectly fine. On the top of the tank, there is a quick connect valve where the air hose goes that I can drain with, its quite light and easy to flip every now and again. By the way, those are canadian prices, which makes a big difference.. you cant find a compressor with those stats and a decent size jug on it for anything under 400-500 bucks here (at princess auto, canadian tire, home depot, you name it)

Ryan

Last edited by goleafsgo_12; 02-28-2005 at 05:03 PM.