Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - custom avatars are ready
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

custom avatars are ready

I've just finished importing all of our custom avatars from the last board, and getting up to date on all of the custom avatar submissions recently sent in to avatars@hotrodders.com.

You should see your custom avatar on the board now. If you don't, here are some reasons:

1. You have some old pages in your browser cache. Dump your cache, and reload the page.

2. You have your old avatar picture in your browser cache. Reload the image (the method for doing this varies with browser/platform, but usually involves a right-click on the image, and then a selection from the resulting menu. Macintosh users, instead of a right-click, just click-and-hold).

3. There was an error on my part.

If you aren't sure how to do #1 or #2, just wait a couple of days, and your browser should automatically refresh to the new avatar image. If you have gone through #1 and #2, or you have waited a couple of days, and you still don't see your avatar, please place a new thread in the Hotrodders Q&A forum.

If you want a custom avatar, just send a pic to avatars@hotrodders.com. It will be resized and added to your profile. Alternatively, you can select from one of 130 standard avatars by clicking on "my profile", then clicking on "Edit Options", then scroll down and click on the "Change Avatar" button.

Next, I will be working on integrating the photo album from the old board into our new board structure.