Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - custom fade paint job questions
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

custom fade paint job questions

I have a 65 mustang that I plan on painting the last week in April. I am finishing up fabricating the wheel tubs, and rear frame and trunk floor now. I would have kept it original but it was already all cut up. I want to do a custom paint job that looks awesome but is very suttle and does not stand out in a bad way. I am thinking about doing a fade paint job, having a dark red at the bottom to a blac at top. I want the colors to be pearls. I do not know if I should use colors with pearls mixed into them, or use solid colors and just add a pearl topcoat over the whole car, it would make it flow better being the same pearl over the whole car instead of different pearls in each color. I have never done a fade paint job but I am a full time ppg refinish technician so I do know how to paint. I do plan on having this be a $20,000 paint job. I will dissassemble the car, base out the cut ins, assemble, do the outside and fade, take apart, fade the door jambs, fade the engine compartment inside wheel tubs, and outside of engine compartment. And then finally clear coat all the panels. Being on a rotisserey will make it easy to do all this. Any pictures any one could post or any advice would be great.