Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   Custom Garages (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/custom-garages-30289.html)

Bermblaster 12-15-2003 04:19 PM

Custom Garages

1 Attachment(s)
I have been looking for a forum that deals with the hot rodders and the shops/ garages that they built there works of art in. When I was remodeling my garage I was looking on the web for ideas. Not a whole lot of help. Like any true hot rodder my hot rods will never be finished. There will always be some mod. Even though my garage appears to be finish I will always be looking for new ideas. New to this forum.I have attached a photo of my garage . I can post other angles. Berm!

hotwheels55 12-15-2003 04:24 PM

That looks like a nicely outfitted garage. :thumbup: I keep my car(s) in my shop and my lawnmower(s) in my garage. :D :D
Mines shown in my www below.

poncho62 12-15-2003 04:30 PM

You have a nice looking shop there. I have a 2 car garage with storage in the back for 1 more.....Suits my needs real well. I have most of the tools that I need. My garage doesn't have those nice white walls. If it did, they wouldn't be white for long. A lot of work gets done in my shop.

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/data/5...p-med.JPG?7160

jericd 12-15-2003 05:22 PM

Berm
Building my shop now , and you gave me a lot of things to think about.
Glad to see you posting on Anything Cars thought I was the only person that knew about the 2 greatest car sites.
later
kamikaze

Bermblaster 12-15-2003 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Different angle. I encourage posting of any helpful space saving ideas. Berm

Bermblaster 12-15-2003 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ANd another Berm!

Bermblaster 12-15-2003 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another

BlownBirdy 12-15-2003 09:47 PM

Haulin' ***

In the first shot you put on this thread you have a Haulin' *** Poster with a few chicks in the back of a pickup on the wall. No, my eyes aren't that good, I have the same one in my room! Good choice!

bigkid 12-16-2003 07:28 AM

I have so many good ideas for my new shop, but I'm always looking for more. My biggest problem is that it's my only storage while I (no contractors or tradespeople) build our new house. Every time I do some work on the shop, I have to move a million things out of the way!! I get sooo "p'ed off" that I could scream. Work is slow, to say the least. I'd love to find some sites with cool shops to get me back in the mood to finish it. I'm constantly telling my wife that there is nothing prettier than a cool shop. I'm even positioning our bedroom window to overlook the shop doors.:D Just don't tell my wife:nono:

fat50 12-16-2003 07:46 AM

Can you fit the air compressor up in the rafters? A buddy of mine did that and it opened up alot more floor space. Put air drops in the 4 corners and the tank drain is hose to the outside yard. His roof is peaked so that he can get up there and maintain it as needed.

Its quieter with it up there also.

C

Bermblaster 12-16-2003 08:36 AM

I wish I could. Not enough room. That oil free air compressor is so loud it makes my ears bleed. I wanted to put it outside. Neighbors would freak. I do a fair bit of work in the evenings. I would stay away from oil free compressors. rebuilt this one three times in the last 5 years. Thanks Berm.

k2mooch 12-16-2003 08:59 AM

Sweet shop you got there Berm. Poncho yours is definitely less decorated, but the cars parked in either speak for themselves. Good Work fellas:thumbup:

SmoocH and I are thinking about plans for our first house and here's what we're leaning towards. 3 car garage with full storage/shop behind it. Staircase outside leads to the upstairs loft including a bedroom, kitchenette, washer/dryer, full bath, and 20x18 living room. We want to build this in 2 years and pay it off before we build our "House" next to it and eventually use it as a guest house spearate from the main house.

Only thing I'm worried about is a fire in the shop, smoke, and fumes damage to the loft. So we need to find a way to air seal the flooring and have a good exhaust fan downstairs. Any thoughts?

MoocH

fat50 12-16-2003 09:23 AM

USG makes a fire resistant drywall. 2 layers of 5/8" will give you a rating of somewhere around 2 hours.

http://www.usg.com/

paperairplane 12-16-2003 09:29 AM

Just a quick comment, I currently rent a house where my bedroom sits above the garage and I can park my FI Buick in there, but not my 65 Pontiac. The gas fumes go right upstairs overnight. Just a thought for k2 with the loft.

hotwheels55 12-16-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by paperairplane
Just a quick comment, I currently rent a house where my bedroom sits above the garage and I can park my FI Buick in there, but not my 65 Pontiac. The gas fumes go right upstairs overnight. Just a thought for k2 with the loft.
That could be just the ticket for an in-laws guest house.:D