Custom Grill ideas for a 41 Chevy Pickup - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 11:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Custom Grill ideas for a 41 Chevy Pickup

Unfort. since I'm a youngin I didn't get to see nearly a tenth of the cars y'all must have seen through the years I havn't even gotten to go to a hotrod show before, but regardless. I'm attempting to build my own custom 41 Chevy Hauler. Here's a link to what she looked like a year ago and what was done up until 9 months ago. Unfort. mechanical engineering tends to rule one's life in school so havn't gotten it updated. I'm looking for anyone's suggestions on what type of grill you think would look nice swapped in place. Only 2 custom jobbies I've seen are removing the upper grill, or replacing the entire front grill with a smaller one from a car I can't identify. Thanks for any ideas guys. I don't care if we're talking a metal grill or fiberglassed one. I can do either, I just have no clue what would look good.

http://www.eccentrix.com/members/jhnbrackett/Bub.html

also note... I'm now 21 and she's a totally different color than that after all that body work

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 09:59 AM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Only 2 custom jobbies I've seen are removing the upper grill, or replacing the entire front grill with a smaller one from a car I can't identify.
are ya sure it wasnt front sheet metal from a car??? i have seen them do that on P/U's also.
talk about a mutt, "92 Nissan Pickup Frame, 2.4L Engine w/ 5 Speed" OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG, rice in a Chebby. i can understand the frame since they have adjustable torsion arm suspension, BUTTTTT the mtr/tranny . BUT i will eat my own words cause the name of the game is "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT", you defenitly will get some some of those one word questions "WHY ? ? ? ? ? ?. one thing for sure u'll get great MPG's outta it...

as for the grill, personally i like the stock ones. u could fab up something out of tubing or flat stock BUT it would still end up looking something like what u have unless u change the whole grill opening. one more thing can ya post some new pics, would love to see the new color.....joe
Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 AM

Bought this as a project from a body shop buy who already did the swap over. But got 1 other word for you: COLLEGE There's no time to swap in somethin else, even if I do a swap, it's going to be a "ricer" swap. SR20DET bolts right in, comes directly from Japan. Makes 275 hp stock, redlines at 9000 RPM, gets 25 MPG, and will boost up to 450 hp on stock internals, maintain street ability, and get an estimated 20 MPG highway still. What domestic engine can beat that, be that light, and swap in as easily? Just got lucky on this particular setup for compatibility. But before power, I've got to get her looking pretty enough to drive
Old 05-02-2005, 11:09 AM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

hey john there aint nothing wrong w/the drivetrain nowadays. as long as it works 4 you that all that matters. hell 15yrs ago i seen a model A ford lowboy P/U that had a complete Volvo drivetrain in it, down to the rearend & front disc set up. look wild sitting in there & it was DIFFERENT for sure... good luck on the project.....joe
Old 05-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Just went to the Western Street Rod Nationals this weekend and saw at least half a dozen of those pickups there - all had that crazy stock grille chromed and looked great. Hard to beat that massive wall of chrome for bodacious look.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 PM

Unfort. to have it rechromed and straightened I figure that's at least $600... not something a college kid w/out a job can afford If anything I'll just get out the dings I can and have her painted body color. Just looking for ideas regardless. This is honestly my fav. thing in the world now. There's nothing like going out to my g-rents house 20 minutes from school, and sitting in or around my truck working on stuff for 8-14 hours on end just to escape all the school work and ruckuss. So so many things to do, you're never bored. Only real complaint is no garage to work in, so have to deal w/ mother nature at every turn.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Yes, that is enough chrome to cause a bump on the national debt. How about grafting on grille bars from an AD Chevy pickup?

These two photos are from greywulf's photo album.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.