Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom Headliner for '36 Ford Pickup
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

I attached a new product to the back of the foamboard called trunkliner. This is a soft fabric that is only 10" wide, but it has a self adhesive back, so all I had to do is peel and stick. I did this in case the board would flex and bump the roof, it would not make any noise.

Normally, the idea is to lay the pattern out so that it is about 5" or 6" in from the edge all the way around. Unfortunately, that would not work in this truck, because that would have decreased the headroom even more. I ended up only going in 1 1/2" all the way around. The problem with that is the more vertical it is, the harder it is to get the wrinkles out of the outside edge where the headliner fabric is attached to the truck. The only way to see if there would be more tailoring needed would be to mount the board in the truck and see if I needed to sew in any more seams to take up excess fabric. Luckily, that was not the case, I was able to attach the fabric to the truck without having to sew in extra seams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278_1.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	62986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1280_1.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	62987   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1279_1.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	62988   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1281_1.JPG
Views:	541
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	62989  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 02-15-2012 at 02:06 PM.