Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom Impala bumper
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade6 View Post
Thanks again to everyone.

The one challenge with this is that there is a bit of art...Something that I'm definitely not is an artist but, I may have to get my son involved

I've heard conflicting things about grinding welds on something that you are going to get chromed. When I finally found a plater who will do the brushed finish, he said not to grind the welds off as they didn't want to have too much material removed.
The bumper shop's will tell you that to get the extra $$ out of you... It's like anything.. You can grind to much or not enough,, You can tell... If your not sure leave some of the weld on the back side,, Just dress it up a little,,, The good thing about metal,, It's not like messing up with wood,,, You mess wood up it's done,,, You mess metal up you just weld it back..

As far as being a artist... Not everyone is born with it,,, But with a little work at it,, You can gain it.... I'm a strong believer that YOU can do anything you set your mind to do,, Are you going to mess up,,Most likely yes,,, But you can do it... ''Set No Limit's On Yourself'' DO IT !!!!

Most of the time you will get it done and look back and think,, That wasn't as bad as I thought,,, Then you are more willing to take the next step,,, That is called DRIVE !!!!

People don't look at grinding as a art,,, But it's no different then doing body work... Don't just start grinding the metal off,,, Watch very close when doing it,,, YOU control the grinder, Not the grinder controling you... It's art as well.. Have faith in your self and get it done... Didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you,,, Just giving you a push to believe in yourself..
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
renegade6 (04-21-2013)