Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom lower control a-arms for 1937 Buick
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 01:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Found a Chevy C10 front with upper & lower arms, spindles brakes, power steering box & tilt steering column. As many of you know, the cross member unbolts from the truck frame. Can buy whole set-up for $250.
The truck frame is about 1" wider than my Buick frame at the front axle.
Plan on keeping my Buick cross member & spring pockets and adding small mount plates outboard of the existing for attaching the truck lower control arms then fabricate an upper mount bracket to hold the upper control arms then c-notch the Buick frame up front of the axle for the steering cross bar.
Will probably end up with drop spindles too. Will use wheels with 39mm (1.54") offset, to reduce front track from 65.8" to 62.72". That is slightly wider than the stock track of 60.5". Wheel offset is already required on '97 t-bird irs I bought for the rear. Inside dims of the front fenders is 74.4" so with 235 wide tires (meas. 7.75" wide) will still have 1.96" of clearance between outside of front tires & inside of fenders.
One last thing to verify is if there is room to cut clearance path for the steering column under the fender.
1) Has anyone else installed a front steer box or a front rack & pinion on a similar Buick?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2119.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	62450