Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom paint tricks 101
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Nice Ray I really like that!!!! I knew you miss labled em but their still an eye popper!!!

I dont agree that matching both sides is most important. It depends on the design! Many of the best flame jobs I ever saw were not the same as you walked around the vehicle! I have no favorit way to do it! Its just what pleases my eye and the customers LOL! But if the customer and I cant come to an agreement I tell em to go somewhere else Some customers want the uglyest stuff LOL I like the ones that just turn me loose and let me do what I want with just their Idea that I scetched on paper that they liked.

This corvette is not the same! I lay out flames freehand as the tape comes off the role LOL Some I get so close to the same that people cant tell and some I purposly try not to make them the exact same flame just the same design! Its in the eye of the beholder

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...21511366421511
I love the look of that Corvette, those flames do suit that car and maybe what I should have said, is if your trying to get flames to be symmetrical, make you sure you take the time to measure, then remeasure to be sure, then measure again. What gets me is when it's obvious that the flames are supposed to be the same and they are so far off it's scary. You can see that no attention to that part of the detail has been applied.

Great job on that Vette my friend.

Ray