Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Custom paint tricks 101
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
That is a Work of Art ,that is the effect I want for ,my truck a 53 chevy it is Porsche guards red,i only want it on hood grill and front fenders so I will have a painted grill not chrome your choice of colors are perfect.
Thanks...but the customer picked out the color. All I did was hand him the PPG Vibrance Color Chip book and told him to choose. The funny thing is, I did a car for his partner while I was doing his truck. They both choose colors from PPG's Vibrance Collection. During the time that they where choosing their colors, one of those TV shows came on and showed how difficult Tri coats where to do and how everything had to be together to paint or it wouldn't match. I was grilled for hours, questioning me about being able to make tri coats match because the vehicles weren't going to be together when they where painted and how pissed they would be if it didn't.

It wasn't until a few pieces, painted separately, came out the same color that they where at ease. Sometimes those Saturday morning car shows do more harm than good, for people that have done it before anyway. If these customer's hadn't seen that show, it would have saved them a lot of money. If I'm going to get quizzed on something I know I can do, I'm on the clock, 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there...it adds up.

Ray