customizing panels and seat for 76 ford truck - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2003, 04:57 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

customizing panels and seat for 76 ford truck

Im fixing to buy the standard door panels for my 76 F 100 yet i dont want the door panel to be just red. i want to mix a little bit of white into the middle of it. Im also looking to do my seat the same way. i just need some suggestions on how to do this and where to start basicaly. im also looking for a new customized look on the dash too.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2003, 10:17 AM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

You have a lot of factory choices because the 73-79 model base is interchangeable. I think you have six models in the 100 series, and each one differs by the amount of trim and get progressively fancier. It goes like this (I think): Base, Custom, Sport, Ranger, Ranger XLT, and Ranger Lariat. The choices get progressively fancier over the years. For example, the Ranger Lariat package was not available until 1978. And you also have packages for the Super Cab and F150, F250, and F350.

So to answer your question, you may be able to find some nice combinations if you know what to look for, such as in the junkyards. New door panels are extremely overpriced for simple plastic, and you have the after-market kind and the originals. But I guess I would stick to junkyards, or, since you have the Custom, you can paint (durable plastic spary paint is all you need), panel, embroider, or do what you want with the one's you have. You can also get some variations in the headliner too.

As far as the dash goes, you also have the same number of different trim package combinations (above) with the XLT and Lariat offering wood grain for both sides of the dash. Since your "Custom" package is one of the "economy" packages, your cab is pretty plain compared to the other packages.

Also, the exterior trim works in the same manner, based on the trim "package." And this is also extremely overpriced stuff. Snoop around a lot before deciding to pay big bucks for trim.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:08 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

the all plastic ones on my 79 bonco looked great when painted and i think i painted them tan and darker brown. you can paint them any color you want. when they are pryed off the door sometimes the attachment holder thing snaps but can be easily replaced with 5 minute epoxy. then get new attachers. they look kinda like a plastic pine cone. for the back panel in my bronc i used stained plywood.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.