Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cut&buff help needed asap
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

If your going to reclear the whole truckyou want to ruff it all up so the clear sticks,when I do two coats ,sand and reclear I use 600but you can use anything from 600- 1000,,,,anything finer is wasting timeand taking a chance on the new clear not sticking as well....when it comes to cut and buff you wont find anyone that hates it as much as I doso was sanding with 1500 and buffing but the buffing takes too long so what I'm going to try and have high hopes for is wet sanding with 1200 then using that trizac dry paper and sanding the 1200 scratches with 1500 then 2000 then a final sand with 3000 , its important to use the soft interpad with your sander.
The job I'm doing now is SPI black with two coats of clear ,sanded and recleared then cut and buffed ... anyone thats cut and buffed black knows just how hard it is to get perfect ,it seems like theres always some scratches that got missed no matter how many times I go over it Thats why I'll be trying this sanding to 3000 method...
With white it might be overkill because you cant really see into white it when its outside,it just blinds you