Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cut&buff help needed asap
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 05:59 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
ok Ill use 1000 the op wasn't to bad some spots were perfect some just had that weird what the Hell frosty look.I'm still new to buffing so I go pretty slow..is there a chance that after I say in the clear down and shoot new clear if I don't get on orange peel I won't have to wet sand and buff or because of the dill clear underneath well I no matter what?Also is the medium cut glaze good enough?
Btw a bit off subject but with the black SPI black the epoxy primer what is the best size tip to use?I have a guy once this used on his motorcycle tank for a flat look.But with other primers after you sand well you know how it looks.Any tips for me?
It all depends on how good you want it ...Most times for regular daily drivers we dont cut and buff at all but for something specia land that mirror look you'll have to C&B.The compound you use depends on what grit you sanded with ,the coarser the the grit the coarser the compound you'll need.The medium cut works pretty well going over 1500 scratches but before the glazing use the swirl remover ,its a bit coarser..
Spi Black is a very dark black SS urathane paint with a hellofa gloss.The SPI epoxy has a semi gloss sheen and theres also a hot rod black paint with a low sheen.If your thinking of using any of them just give SPI a call and they can tell you all about them and how they're used much better than I can...What I can tell you is SPI sells high quality materials at the best price and a 24 hr hotline if you have any problems...It wont matter if your a pro spending thousands a month or a first timer just buying a qt of primer they always answear the phone and will get you straightend out..