Cylinder head porting Shop - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Big cubic inches small Chevy!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=cobalt327]I'm waiting to hear what head the OP's dealing with and what the goal of it all is. If this was some one-off, "uncommon task/head" I don't know why Dr J's would even be mentioned, in that they seem to be Chevy-centric, w/a little Ford and late Hemi thrown in for good measure. Judging by the OP's user title (Big cubic inches small Chevy!) and profile signature (Chevy man forever!), chances are fair to good that is a SBC deal of some sort.

Hi Cobalt 327,

That's for a SBC (406 CI)......... My friend have a set of Dart pro one 215cc cylinder head. We only want to know if it's prefered to put a big porting in those cylinder head...of if it's doesn't worth the money to put $$$$ in those head and buy a set of good cylinder head. We want to squize around 750 hp from this 406ci at 14.5 CR.

Me personnaly, I would go with BMF Cylinder head (18*) anyway, he need to buy piston......but if he can keep the 23* setup...and make big HP....I think we will go with it....

Stephane

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM

Last photo:

A Pro 1 wont go to 750hp without n2o or boost.
Call Brodix and get the head they recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Last photo:

Lorenzo's Hi flow performance in humeville Pa. He is really big in boat racing engine builds.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

[QUOTE=Ratoflic]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
I'm waiting to hear what head the OP's dealing with and what the goal of it all is. If this was some one-off, "uncommon task/head" I don't know why Dr J's would even be mentioned, in that they seem to be Chevy-centric, w/a little Ford and late Hemi thrown in for good measure. Judging by the OP's user title (Big cubic inches small Chevy!) and profile signature (Chevy man forever!), chances are fair to good that is a SBC deal of some sort.

Hi Cobalt 327,

That's for a SBC (406 CI)......... My friend have a set of Dart pro one 215cc cylinder head. We only want to know if it's prefered to put a big porting in those cylinder head...of if it's doesn't worth the money to put $$$$ in those head and buy a set of good cylinder head. We want to squize around 750 hp from this 406ci at 14.5 CR.

Me personnaly, I would go with BMF Cylinder head (18*) anyway, he need to buy piston......but if he can keep the 23* setup...and make big HP....I think we will go with it....

Stephane
Yeah, if you can persuade him to step up to a better head to start with, I think he'll be money and HP ahead at the end of the game. Or throw a bottle on it and let 'er rip!

He can get decent $$$ for the heads he has, put that towards the Brodix heads and the hit wouldn't be as bad.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.