Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cylinder Hone Tools/Brushes
View Single Post
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
302 Z28's Avatar
302 Z28 302 Z28 is offline
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Texas
Posts: 10,940
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 120 Times in 101 Posts
Those are really called glaze breakers at least that is what we called them years ago. FWIW do not use motor oil with them. Motor oil will clog the surface of the stones. We used to use Varsol or some other thin solvent and got great results. Place a tub under the block and flood the cylinder with Varsol as your working the tool up and down.

Reply With Quote