Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The D.O.T. gonna gitcha.
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 02:23 AM
waynenewtoneVil

Last journal entry: plans
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

DOT, get bent! Hope it hurts... I have a CDL and have been hassled by those ****** in the past.. For what it's worth, my buddy is a rock hauler. A DOT Nazi stopped him and made him scale his truck, 15 miles out of his way. Fuel burnt=his loss. Good guy, way laid back. He drove 20-25 mph all the way to the scale, and stopped for every light, wether it was green or not. He figured, if they're going to waste his time and $$$, it might as well benefit other drivers tying up the DOT monkey as well... Gotta love it! I know a guy who was stopped in NV. with a 40' trailer and a VW Beetle on it. He was hauling for himself personally. Since his truck was registered to his biusiness, he got a list of tickets as long as my arm, and one for no log book. Scares me a bit. I run from Co. to Fla. once a year, 40hrs on the road straight. My wife drives occassionally. Same deal, F-250 with a 40' trailer and 2 cars. Me no stopy at scales either. Bastards could have a field day! BTW, back in the day I got a ticket for no logbook, but I was a local=no logbook. Same bastards who gave me a ticket for being 200# overweight on an axle, but 2000# under my GVW. Ah, make it stop! My head hurts!!