Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dad passed and need help picking tools for toolbox of my own
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Dad passed and need help picking tools for toolbox of my own

dad passed and left a garage full of tools
Hi,
My father passed away recently and had a lifetimes worth of tools in his garage. He built VW engines and kept all five of us girls in wheels that way. He was also in special investigation division in the service as well as tech security division of the Secret Service and has tools for that type of work also.

I just unearthed another Halliberton briefcase made specifically for the technical security work. Each tool had a place cut from foam and these were layered on top of each other in the briefcase. It had everything from wrenches, screwdrivers, soldering iron, and much more. All of the tools are "ExceLite" brand and all have rubber handles (to prevent shocking due to type of work).

The problem I am having is the foam completely desintegrated and is stuck on the tools and really stinks. How do I clean this foam off and will it get rid of the stink?

Also, I want to make sure I have a good tool box put together since it's just me and my son so if anyone has the time to list the most important tools for me I would appreciate it. If I come across some old tools I can't identify I would be happy to send photos. I've taught myself a bit in order to fix up and renovate Dad's house so don't list just a "girlie" toll box list.
Trust me he has just about everything out there so I wanted expert advice before my sisters let their young adult son's have at the tools.

Thank you in advance. diane