Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dad passed and need help picking tools for toolbox of my own
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Pick off as much of the foam as possible and then try some solvents as as some of them dissolve foam..or you can scrub the tools in hot soapy water and dry them..Kind of labor intensive but works..

As far as your own toolbox a good combination screwdriver one that has the flat tip and Phillip's tips is a great tool as I use mine a lot..The Gear Ratchet set from Sears is a good set has both inch and metric in the set and is another set I use a lot..of course you can go with a 3/8 drive ratchet and both deep and shallow sockets..I have a 1/2 drive set for some of the larger more stubborn bolts..a good hammer ..I like the straight claw 16oz for general things around the house..and maybe a couple of ball peen hammers..Tape measure and some good straightedges are good to have as well as a combination square and a framing square..Overlooked is the bevel square..

Any and all power tools..never know when you need them..Guess if it was up to me I would just take the garage and leave the rest for the others..

that would be the basics and if some special tools were needed those can be picked up as necessary..Something else if there is a welder in the pile grab it as welding is a very useful skill to have..Battery charger..Just doing some random thinking of the things that I use all the time keeping things fixed and running around here..

Sam