Hot Rod Forum banner

Daddy Raised A Hot Rod Lover

607 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lets cut it up 
#1 ·
Daddy wanted 4 boys and 1 girl. Daddy got 4 girls and 1 boy. I'm the baby. I started racing 1/4 midgets when I was 4. Go-Karts came shortly after that for 12 years. Every Saturday night it was stock car races. Every year we watched the Indy 500 on t.v.. We'd go to all of the car shows. this wasn't all of the family. This was me and my dad. I was his little Tom Boy. We owned a Mini-Bike and Go-Kart shop that was the best thing in the world to me. When I turned 18 a lot of the stock car drivers tried to get me to drive but those fast cars scared me. Boy, if I'd only given it a try I know now I would've loved it. I won so many 1st place trophies racing Go-Karts, and being the only girl. I loved going to the car shows. I learned a lot. My dad and I had a game of what type of car was he pointing at. And I had to guess. I got so good I could tell you if it was a Chevy or a Ford hot rod coming down the street behind me without looking. I made my daddy proud. I wish they still made cars like the sweet cars they made from the 30's to the 60's. The one's you could climb into the engine compartment to see what needed to be fixed and then fix it. Now I drive a 99' Jeep Wagoneer hardtop. No back seat. I have 4 dogs I like to take for rides. We like riding without the top. And get a lot of spectators. 2 Akita's and 2 Dachshunds can cause a scene. I live in a small town that has a car show with only about 20 cars. So that's why I cruise the internet to get my fill. And I'd like to thank you you all for all of the beautiful pictures and wonderful tips. I like to pass the tips on to the guys around here and surprise them. Keep up the good wook, Wanda Goodfellow :welcome:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.