Hot Rod Forum banner

Daddy's new toy in the making !

31K views 138 replies 24 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
Well here goes another one... I picked this cab up at the show my son and I took his truck too on March 3 2012... I wanted to do one like my son's to be able to go ride together .. :thumbup:

Here's my son's.. :thumbup:

And here's the one I picked up... :D

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
Valkyrie5.7 said:
Jeeze! Way to power through, lol. I have a question: Are you going to be bagging this as well or is it going to be a static drop? Is this going to be SBC-powered or BBC?

How about a Nailhead or a 394 Olds? :sweat: ;) :D

Thanks.. :thumbup:

Yes it will be air bagged too.. Same set up.. Keeping it as simple as I can.. Just want to ride... :D

Shooting for a big block Chevy in this one.. Dad has to have the big motor... But my son will have his eye out for a big block as well.. :spank: :D :thumbup:

#55 ·
NEW INTERIORS said:
Thanks.. :thumbup:

Yes it will be air bagged too.. Same set up.. Keeping it as simple as I can.. Just want to ride... :D

Shooting for a big block Chevy in this one.. Dad has to have the big motor... But my son will have his eye out for a big block as well.. :spank: :D :thumbup:
Nice. They'll look super slick next to each other, whether parked or going down the road :thumbup: On me and my dad's 65s we're going separate routes: He's cut his down to a short bed, tubbed and running a high-revving sbc with a th350, where mines going to stay a long bed and is going to be 455 olds powered with a 4 speed. We're going to paint them the same color though, so they should look good together. Pretty sure mines going to be faster though :evil:

I have to say I'm just envious of the progress! You're the man Randy :thumbup:

#56 ·
Valkyrie5.7 said:
Nice. They'll look super slick next to each other, whether parked or going down the road :thumbup: On me and my dad's 65s we're going separate routes: He's cut his down to a short bed, tubbed and running a high-revving sbc with a th350, where mines going to stay a long bed and is going to be 455 olds powered with a 4 speed. We're going to paint them the same color though, so they should look good together. Pretty sure mines going to be faster though :evil:

I have to say I'm just envious of the progress! You're the man Randy :thumbup:

Thanks Man.. ;)

I'm just your everyday hot rodder.. ;)

Sounds like you and your dad will be having a lot of fun... You both won't forget it.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#59 ·
Thanks for all the kind words and blessing... ;)

I'm starting to feel everything break up in my chest now.. I'm not sure what was worst.. Being sick or all the coughing.. :smash:

The Coughing made my whole body feel like 15 guy's beat me with a baseball bat !!!!! :spank:

Everything hurt like he$$.. :pain:

My wife still has a way's to go... Bad thing is she worked 15 hrs today... And I know she's really down right now... She is a trooper for sure...Mainly to put up with me... ;)

#60 ·
nine4gmc said:
most everyday hotrodders aren't necessarily hotrodders every day, you sir are hotrodding every day, that makes you more than a everyday hotrodder imo!

you are freaking outstanding, nice update! hope you finish getting well soon!

Thanks... The kind words always makes one feel better about them self's..

But I always seen myself from a different set of glasses then everyone else... I was that way my whole life... I feel anyone that WANT'S to do what I do can.. That's just how I see hot rodding... I push every part of this hobby I can... I try my hardest to out do one guy... THAT'S ME !!!! :D

Sometimes that can be a test.. :drunk:

What I post here,, Is shot's of my builds to help people to believe in them self's enough to try.. ;)

It's always great to see all the support I get for what I do here...Thank you all..Randy

#62 ·
If you want you can borrow my extra BBC for as long as you need it.Just let me know. I haven't run it since my dad died but I sealed it up good so I am sure it is still ready to go.Not real hot but has just enough cam to sound great idling into a show.And in that light truck it will run great.Plenty of low end torque to fry the tires.I almost forgot. I have a Powerglide to go with it that is supposed to be ready to go. :thumbup:Or we can build my 348 and put it in there. Talk about something different.

#63 ·
speedydeedy said:
If you want you can borrow my extra BBC for as long as you need it.Just let me know. I haven't run it since my dad died but I sealed it up good so I am sure it is still ready to go.Not real hot but has just enough cam to sound great idling into a show.And in that light truck it will run great.Plenty of low end torque to fry the tires.I almost forgot. I have a Powerglide to go with it that is supposed to be ready to go. :thumbup:Or we can build my 348 and put it in there. Talk about something different.

:D Is that the 366 ??

Anything right now is better then what I have now.. ;)

#65 ·
speedydeedy said:
Yes and it was running fine when I took it out of the truck. Just wanted more power so I put the 427 in instead.With a powerglide in that light truck it should run very well. :thumbup:

Hope so... It's already sitting between the rails... :mwink: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.