Daddy's new toy in the making ! - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
Primer makes it look real clean, great/best way to sell it
Well it was getting it even if he doesn't want it... I'll just be one step closer.. The show will go on...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Last photo:

set the cab on today..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_7133.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	68993   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_7134.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	68994   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_7136.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	68995   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_7135.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	68996  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

That just puts it all together Looks Wild...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
That just puts it all together Looks Wild...
You should see it standing next to it...

Well.. I looked at it way to long yesterday, And had to call off the sale..I want to ride in this one..
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Last photo:

Hi Randy, I was wondering if you guys are blessed with a too loo law there??? Calif, says that nothing can hang below the rims... I think you have yours set to ride at the height you want, with Air, yes? That is for sure a different and good looking pickup, should bring a ton of looks
Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Hi Randy, I was wondering if you guys are blessed with a too loo law there??? Calif, says that nothing can hang below the rims... I think you have yours set to ride at the height you want, with Air, yes? That is for sure a different and good looking pickup, should bring a ton of looks
Not to sure if we have a law on that or not,, Not worried about that... I have the truck set up the same way I have my son's.. The truck aired down will be about a 1'' off the ground.. Still able to drive if needed to. The frame aired down is about the same.. So on a good hwy,, We can run aired down if careful.... But I don't see us doing that around here.. I have ways to lift it more if I wanted to.. But I don't feel the need to..We want the lowwer look for the show's,, Makes a car look so different.. Both in the grass look's like they are laying frame, But not..It also give's the appearance that the trucks are way smaller then they was when new..
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Not to sure if we have a law on that or not,, Not worried about that... I have the truck set up the same way I have my son's.. The truck aired down will be about a 1'' off the ground.. Still able to drive if needed to. The frame aired down is about the same.. So on a good hwy,, We can run aired down if careful.... But I don't see us doing that around here.. I have ways to lift it more if I wanted to.. But I don't feel the need to..We want the lowwer look for the show's,, Makes a car look so different.. Both in the grass look's like they are laying frame, But not..It also give's the appearance that the trucks are way smaller then they was when new..
Yes it is the law that nothing can be lower than bottom of rim,but it is not enforced.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy View Post
Yes it is the law that nothing can be lower than bottom of rim,but it is not enforced.
Never heard of it here... There's a lot more here dragging the ground for them to worry about then me..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Last photo:

Just incase no one knows... On a 6'' dropped axle from speedway (spring behind the axle) The bottom of the bat wing is 1.5'' below a 14'' rim, And is still lower on a 15'' rim.. (with a big block chevy)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_7138.JPG
Views:	730
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	69023  

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,274 Times in 1,115 Posts
Quote:
Never heard of it here... There's a lot more here dragging the ground for them to worry about then me..
This law here in California the "scrub line" law being nothing below the wheel has because of todays ultra low profile tires been changed and I believe the law is now nothing below the rim or 3", something along those lines, I don't remember the exact law. Which really the nothing below the rim line is a nice thing to go with anyway being something hitting the ground in the event of a blow out can be pretty dangerous.

Brian
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
This law here in California the "scrub line" law being nothing below the wheel has because of todays ultra low profile tires been changed and I believe the law is now nothing below the rim or 3", something along those lines, I don't remember the exact law. Which really the nothing below the rim line is a nice thing to go with anyway being something hitting the ground in the event of a blow out can be pretty dangerous.

Brian
So let see.. I guess I need to cut the bat wings off and raise them.. Or do I run a 24'' rim..

Not sure what's not understanded here.. I have Big tires, Not rubber bans for tires.. A 15'' rim will still put the bat wing.. UNDER/BELOW the rim..
Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Last photo:

Randy, I am not telling you to do anything different. We are talking the law, and my thoughts were tossed in to the discussion that's all. Your bat wings hitting the ground isn't that big of a deal, but there are other things one wouldn't want to hit the ground, like the oil pan. I am just tossing out there my thoughts that's all.

Brian
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Randy, I am not telling you to do anything different. We are talking the law, and my thoughts were tossed in to the discussion that's all. Your bat wings hitting the ground isn't that big of a deal, but there are other things one wouldn't want to hit the ground, like the oil pan. I am just tossing out there my thoughts that's all.

Brian
Well.. I'm just saying too.. The law may be one thing... But the bat wing is still below the rim, Meaning if you was to catch a flat,, The bottom of the bat wing and radius rods would make contact with the road.. So now I guess that would make the front end illegal as well.. I know everyone was talking about the law.. But it was brought up because of how low I built this truck... (WITH AIR BAGES)

And I was just stating that even if I had the frame 12'' off the ground,, Something would still be below the rim...

For the ones that asked me to come back in post.. This is why I left in the first place..

First I was told my 41 willys frame would fall apart,,(whice it's doing just fine by the way)...

Then someone didn't like the way I welcomed new guy's here,,,,Man what's next ???

I don't mine someone talking about the build,, But come on.. Do a little checking first..Before you start saying it's to low..
Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Well.. I'm just saying too.. The law may be one thing... But the bat wing is still below the rim, Meaning if you was to catch a flat,, The bottom of the bat wing and radius rods would make contact with the road.. So now I guess that would make the front end illegal as well.. I know everyone was talking about the law.. But it was brought up because of how low I built this truck... (WITH AIR BAGES)

And I was just stating that even if I had the frame 12'' off the ground,, Something would still be below the rim...

For the ones that asked me to come back in post.. This is why I left in the first place..

First I was told my 41 willys frame would fall apart,,(whice it's doing just fine by the way)...

Then someone didn't like the way I welcomed new guy's here,,,,Man what's next ???

I don't mine someone talking about the build,, But come on.. Do a little checking first..Before you start saying it's to low..
I didn't say it was too low, I am terribly sorry that I upset you. I will not post in response to anything you say again.

Brian
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I didn't say it was too low, I am terribly sorry that I upset you. I will not post in response to anything you say again.

Brian
I didn't say you did,, But you jumped right in the fire..
Like you have done a lot of other times with me..

What happen to people just appreciating someone taken the time to BUILD something, Take pictures, And posting them for everyone to ENJOY...This is a hotrod site... I'm not here telling anyone how to build their cars unless they ask me too.. I came back because of all the emails asking me too.. And thought I would do MY best.. Even left the threads alone that cause me to open my mouth... Just showing my work that people ask me too..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.