Damn Rain !!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 07:24 AM

Last journal entry: Latest picture
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Damn Rain !!!

Here I sit in the hotel lobby, watching the rain pour down at my first time at the Woodward Dream Cruise. THIS SUCKS!!
Visions of colorful street rods cruisin' by are gone, as well those smokin' burnouts.
My only hope now is that all the young ladies that attended the show are wearing white
Dan

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Last journal entry: Long time no journal entry, pulled hood tonight.
Last photo:

Maybe we could work out a deal to ship some of those rain clouds down here. I am spending 12 hour days mostly out in the sun. It was at least 100 yesterday where I work.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Last journal entry: Latest picture
Last photo:

I was going to suggest that I would ship you the rain if you shipped up some of the women from down there, but then I saw that you were from Arkansas so I changed my mind. A few scenes from the movie "Deliverence" came to mind and sent shivers up my spine. LOL ! Just kidding of course!Hope you get your much needed rain soon. Dan
Old 08-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Please divert a couple of thunder storms to San Antonio, We are soooo hoooot and dryyy. Triple digits on the heat dial. Water rations. Higher utility bills to compensate the CPS (City Public Service) for the power to run air conditioners. The utility company is owned by the city so the leaches are ready to suck as much cash as they can from the citizens. You might also get some giant fans and push some of the cold air this way also.

Al
Old 08-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Perfect Summer

Man, I just gotta say that this has been the best summer here in Alberta, weather-wise, that I can remember.

Lots of sun, enough rain to keep the crops and lawns green, and plenty of "comfortable" days (20-25 C). Incredible hay crops. Heck the mosquitoes aren't even bad!

I had to chuckle a little a few days ago. We had a retired couple from the Fresno, California area ... on their way to Alaska, stop in at the dealership. The hubby had switched the truck off, and his wife was sitting in it ... without AC.

The temp was 32C that day, which is close to 90 F. ( 30C = 86F, I think) We went back inside for a moment, and came back out to find her sitting under a tree on the lawn.

"I thought it didn't get hot here in Canada." he said. I explained that this was pretty hot weather ... the last week of July and the first week of August is typically the hottest period of the summer for us.

"How hot does it get, then?" he asked. I told him that the hottest that I recall here was 36 C, although the interior of British Columbia to the west, and most of Saskatchewan (especially the South-Western portion) to the east can get into the low-to-mid 40's. Our nights are cool, though for the most part ... 10 to 15... which is good for sleeping.

I always enjoy talking to folks about our climate ... which is very changeable.

"If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute." LOL
Old 08-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC
Man, I just gotta say that this has been the best summer here in Alberta, weather-wise, that I can remember.
I spent 4 weeks of the summer close to Drayton Valley and Evansburg in Alberta (1 hour west of edmonton) and I completely fell in love with Alberta. Nice and hot during the day, cools off during the night. Its amazing.

Mike

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.