Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dart Pro 1 heads arrived.
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally posted by coldknock
It's the peace of mind that comes with actually knowing it was done right. Don't forget why the engine had to come apart after only 500 miles.

Larry
Yes, but it does not make sense to mill a set of brand new heads unless they are not flat and it can be measured....which I will check. It also makes no sense to me to put a new valve job on a new set of heads that just got a valve job. No matter who I have do it, there is always a chance it can be wrong. I plan on disassembling the heads to check the valve job and will do the gas in the chamber test to make sure they seal. I will look for any nicks in the valve stems, but this guy was pretty particular about being sure that everything was right. He said he will fix any problem that I might find.

If I am missing something..........this is my first set of aftermarket heads. You all make it sound like they are junk out of the box.

Chris