Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dart Pro 1 heads arrived.
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Tom, chris-

I think clarification is needed here. I bought my iron eagles the same way chris did and just bolted them right on. I found the machine work to be way above and beyond what I expected. Here's the difference. Tom, the problems you've had are probably people who buy the "fully assembled" heads from dart or other warehouses, am I wrong? The difference is, the people who chris and I bought our heads from independent machine shops (much like yours, tom) who sell these heads on ebay for a reduced rate, because they buy pallets of bare casting heads and then do all the machine work in-house. The 200cc runner, fully assembled angle plug, 2.05 heads like I got are something like just shy of 1000 dollars in summit. I got them for 700. (maybe its 900 in summit, dunno).

They guy who did my heads put in manley valves, threw in a set of com cams guide plates and actually (get this) UNSHROWDED MY EXHAUST VALVES!!!! Can you believe it?!

Some of these guys really know what it means to be cool with your customers and go the extra step for a quality product. As soon as I saw the work I was so confident I just tossed them right on the motor, and I was right, everything was in order.

K