Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - dart pro-1's v/s afr 210's
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 09:12 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Don't take what you see in print to be something you can recreate at home. The dyno conditions are as perfect as can be had and much tuning gets done to achieve the numbers they put in print.

I'm not saying that we aren't capable tuners ourselves, I'm saying that the numbers aren't real world. Think about it, If it's possible for CHP to squeeze 525lb/ft of torque from a 406 with vortech heads, parts house cam and pump gas why do we even need aftermarket heads? Stick it with freeway gears and let the motor grunt right.

I personally think they came very close to burning a few exhaust valves in most of those "tests" to get the published numbers. We don't take those kinds of risks with our stuff cuz it's our money.

Cnc ported heads are wonderful flow producers and AFR has the best deal going for the money on cnc porting compared to the cost of unported heads. Don't think for one minute I wouldn't but a set of Trick Flow 215's and clean up the casting flash. For the $600 difference I'll get a nice N2O setup and spank any numbers that a similar engine would get with AFR's for the same money.

Not to mention the nitrous cams usually idle better, have an edge in mpg and it's easier to tune the engine with vacuum.

Larry