Dcr argument - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Custom10's Avatar
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA
 

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Age: 49
Posts: 1,095
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
------------------------

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
painted jester's Avatar
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
 

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Michigan
Age: 68
Posts: 1,787
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 98
Thanked 265 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Took my brain out of gear and can't get it back in so could someone tell me what the hell DCR is?????????????????????

and it was probably Randy's fault no matter what he says
Dynamic compression ratio>

Jester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,016
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,161
Thanked 506 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Took my brain out of gear and can't get it back in so could someone tell me what the hell DCR is?????????????????????

and it was probably Randy's fault no matter what he says
If it was me I don't even remember saying anything on this thread,,

Might have been on one of my day's I only had a couple hours sleep..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM
OLNOLAN's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,037
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 252
Thanked 79 Times in 69 Posts
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
I was P.M.ed and Understand Why it was dumped; There was a difference in opinions that became heated and there was a warning and then the death of the thread, its edited in the dump and reads well! But I think because of the info in it it should be put back in its edited form and locked!!!

Its a shame a good thread is dumped because of a disagreement on methods or the way something is calculated by 2 knowledgeable people because one doesn't think the other is untitled to his method or opinion!

Jester
Removing entire posts is censorship, censorship denies freedom of speech. If you complain about it, you basically are told that its a privately owned forum and you have two choices, their way or the highway.

I agree with you on the moderator editing thing. If the moderator decides to send it to the dump, they could leave all the posts intact and back up the truck. At least you could read all the who, what, when and where and form an intelligent adult decision on your own.

Must be some sort of forum image thing,"Biggest hotrod forum on the internet". "Never any differences of opinion here, we're all one happy family".

Sometimes you're better off sticking with the mouse and staying off the keyboard. But on the other hand, biting your tongue all the time sucks. Nolan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
painted jester's Avatar
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
 

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Michigan
Age: 68
Posts: 1,787
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 98
Thanked 265 Times in 217 Posts
Nolan: I agree !! The monitors should have a majority vote before dumping 2 to 3 or something? maybe they do? But to dump a thread because of 1 monitors say opens it up to bias or favoritism or one persons decision on whats relevant to the rest of us!

Its funny not one monitor has chimed in on this?

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 01-29-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
poncho62's Avatar
Out of the Loop Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hanover, Ontario, Canada
Age: 62
Posts: 16,857
Wiki Edits: 5

Thanks: 20
Thanked 247 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Nolan: I agree !! The monitors should have a majority vote before dumping 2 to 3 or something? maybe they do? But to dump a thread because of 1 monitors say opens it up to bias or favoritism or one persons decision on whats relevant to the rest of us!

Its funny not one monitor has chimed in on this?

Jester
I thought you said the moderator PMd you about this...I would call that chiming in.
__________________
Ontario Rodders

Budget RVs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM
painted jester's Avatar
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
 

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Michigan
Age: 68
Posts: 1,787
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 98
Thanked 265 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
I thought you said the moderator PMd you about this...I would call that chiming in.

No, It was the argue es that chimed in! In a P.M. LOL

Jester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
LATECH's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,173
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 199
Thanked 251 Times in 233 Posts
I read the post back when it was active and getting heated. The deleted posts are not visible, that is why it doesnt make sense for some who see it in the dump.
The OP got the info he needed.
And the thread was voted on by several of the mods before it was dumped.
No ones taking away anyones freedom of speech here, but senseless bickering is just BS. You can disagree with someone...amicably.
We can have a sensible conversation, and keeping it respectful by not calling people names and calling them stupid or whatever.
I dont tolerate name calling very well, it is a form of bullying . It is also a cowards way.
Say what youm mean, just dont be mean with what you say.
Members are on a need to know basis, moderator activity is not really something members need to know.
There are plenty of other threads on DCR .
__________________
Fact is stranger than Fiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
painted jester's Avatar
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
 

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Michigan
Age: 68
Posts: 1,787
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 98
Thanked 265 Times in 217 Posts
Thats good you voted like a comity, at least it isn't one persons decision

Jester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
victor jr intake argument mjascur Engine 16 02-27-2010 01:10 PM
ARG! Help me settle an argument with my dad Malibu73 Engine 49 05-17-2007 01:09 PM
Argument about cars, dad vs me ChevelleSS_LS6 Hotrodders' Lounge 15 09-15-2005 11:02 PM
argument finisher GalaxieRoller Hotrodders' Lounge 7 07-18-2005 10:44 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.