Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - DCR calculator conflict - by ALOT!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdminter59 View Post
64nailhead, the easiest way to check out what you want to know is to install a degree wheel and degree your cam. This way you can find out if the intake valve is closed at .050 or just partially closed. IDK about the brand of cam you have installed but Comp Cams valve opening and closing are at .006 on the cam card. Crane cams opening and closing are at .004 on their cam card. The Crower cam I have the opening and closing are at .050. It seems all these manufacturer just want it so confusing.
Hey, we were posting at the same time. I agree with that lack of a uniform standard from cam companies. I think that it is the same deal with the lobe profiles. In checking out this DCR question I looked up a lot of cam specs, how much handier would it be when choosing a cam if you knew the ramp rates, or lift at more positions than max and .050. I think some of it is smoke and mirrors, but I could be wrong. Maybe Comp, Crane, Lunati, etc. want you to call them. Anyway............I think that is a subject for another thread.

I would love to degree the cam, but it can't be done in the car due to clearance issues - we currently have about .5" from the water pump pulley bolts to the radiator (using electric fan). I could try doing it with timing tape, but I don't know if that would be very accurate with a small balancer.

Thanks.