Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - DCR calculator conflict - by ALOT!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC boogie View Post
That is one low intensity cam lobe. Intake duration at .006 304
Intake duration at .050 220

That is a difference of 84. Sure that advertised number is at .006?

Exactly! Yes, that is the number on the card.

I haven't contacted SpeedPro/Federal Mogul, because I can't find a phone number, but I've confirmed this number on several different websites of companies selling this cam. The other cams that appear on the same listing from Speed Pro do not follow this grind pattern.

Does anyone have a contact number you've found for SpeedPro?

Has anyone encountered a dual grind cam where the the intake duration is greater than the exhaust at .006 and vise versa at .050 lift? And if this is accurate and other manufacturers make a cam similar, then what is the purpose of this?

As cdminter59 mentioned, I'm kicking myself for not degreeing the cam when I installed it!!! Currently I'm in the process of installing a multiport setup on this and hope to have it done in a couple of weeks and then I'm pulling the trans for a rebuild. The more I think about it, I'm thinking I'm gonna pull the engine while I'm waiting for the trans to get rebuilt to degree the cam.

Like I mentioned in the original post, if you check my DCR using Pat Kelly's calculator, you'll see what my concern is. Basically, that is the reason for my starting this thread. I have to admit that I believe what TechInspector said, but......, I can't understand how two different and reputable DCR calculators could be so far off from each other.?.