Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - dead cylinder? Confused and about to lose my mind
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ok so here is a question i was pondering today at work. I know I had been told a possible bad lobe on my cam could cause the issue I have with my car. however, when I had the intake off and watching the valves open and close. They all did just that. the intake fully opened and just don't seem to close. So that would rule out a bad cam right? second It was mentioned to adjust the valve and make sure they are zero backlash. I read up on it. looks simple. But the question I have at this point. If i never had a issue up until recently, wouldn't the rocker be loose when the valve is closed? Not holding it open. A nut doesn't tighten itself down on a spring loaded valve. I am going to buy a compression gauge tomorrow morning and test the compression. but I wanted to get someones opinion on it before I start messing with the valves. There is one I know for a fact came loose and that was on the #4 cylinder intake valve. i just tightened it down to stop the slapping it was doing. So that I will adjust properly. but can someone answer the other questions I have please.