Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dealing with Napa on air compressor...???
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 02:14 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Elikofer
. Unloading this almost 600 pound beast off the trailor is going to be a challenge for myself.
I unloaded my Porter Cable 2 stage (560 lbs) with just myself and my wife. I slid it toward the read of the pickup bed and onto the tailgate. I then leaned 2x8s on the back of the cab extending down to the base of the compressor tank and we then leaned the tank back against those 2x8s so it was at an angle. I then put 2 2x10s from the top of the bumper down to the ground. I then unhooked the tailgate so it would fold all the way down to those 2x10s. Then we started a very slow and careful process of sliding toward the rear (with some 2x4 levers), down the tail gate, and then down the 2x10s. Actually, there is quite a bit of friction created so I never felt the thing was in any real danger of getting away from us. Also, ours came with this heavy cardboard structure at the corners which did actually help. I thought it would just collapse but it held the weight pretty well. I was like you, however...really sweating how I was going to get the thing off the truck. Just take your time and let the physics of the levers and inclined planes do the work for you.