Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Decent art software on the cheap, does it exist?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

For messing around with 3d, I like using a free program rhino (well only get 25 saves, but program is basically fully functional and will function after your saves are used up except the save feature), I first found it when the latest version was 2.0, and used up all those saves, and lost the 2.0 installer when my computer got wiped out (now you can't even download the 2.0 version, which I actually liked quite a bit). Now they are up to 4 I believe, but I use 3, I think 4 when you download it might possibly not have the clipboard function and I use that constantly. Its the only 3d program my feeble brain can kind of comprehend what many of the functions do and how to draw and make something with it. Also runs okay on my slow outdated celeron computer and will open or save as many different 3d file formats. I tried a few times using other free modeling software such as gmax, blender, and I had auto cad 2000 for awhile, but rhino is the only one I could get kind of comprehend after a few tries. The most popular 3d program seems to be 3d studio max, but its cost prohibitive to me.
You can find various tutorials on using rhino on the web also.
http://download.rhino3d.com/rhino/3....asp?redirv4=no

As far as graphics programs, all I have are presto imagefolio, and adobe photodeluxe that came either bundled with my computer, or printer or something.