Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Decent deals, storys welcome
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM
mr mighty mouse

Last journal entry: shes dropped!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill
first u need to be a little informed when choosing what ur looking for.. research.... if this is somewhat unknown area, get someone that more knowledgeable. for a first rod i'd be looking at something that pretty much done.. maybe some updating, but nothing big... i did this when i wanted a t-bucket for my first rod. it needed headers, tires, brakes, interior work but nothing crazy. sold that and built my current one. took clues from likes and dislikes on first one and made changes on 2nd.. so look at the project, take note of needs and ck the on line catalogs for pricing and u'll get a good idea...
so i'll ask... why are u heart broken ?????
ok the reason my heart was broken, a buddy of mine offered me a truck for 300. 78 scottsdale chevy, 2wd, Stepside bed(love a stepside) which he said was running. But he also has his own 72 pick up used it on it.. So he just recently laughed at me and said you know the only reason im givin it to you so cheap is because the carbs off and the brakes and tires are crap. I was angered. I was thinking bout telling this guy id give him junk price 150. Of coarse he wouldnt want to take that offer. Were real good buddys too i dont understand why he laughed at it.