Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Decent deals, storys welcome
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:33 PM
mr mighty mouse

Last journal entry: shes dropped!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy
To me there are two different kinds of cars. Practical ones that you take the dog to the vet, your wife isn't ashamed to be seen in and needs little maintenance. Then there are fun interesting cars. I can't ever remember buying a fun vehicle that didn't need a complete restoration. That's where the fun is! Building is the fun, driving is the pride of accomplishment.
see now all of your guys comments have been very helpful.. Im not the only one thats caught off gaurd.
But speaking of which i just got to see the vehicle im going to buy in person. Ill post it, itll be at the bottom of my post.

ok well im still buying the 78 stepside. Gonna go in without doubts. It really was me over reacting.
It has a Great interior.
I forgot to mention the carb that was on it, he used on his 72 just to move it. So its got the carb with it.

Luckily my brother in law had bought a 92 G20 chevy van, and pulled the 350 outta it to replace the 305 in his camaro. The tranny is shot in the G20 van. Long story short, hes planning on junking it, except hes giving me a list of parts for the truck... For free...
Rear end is 3.42 limited slip? Drums come with
3500 pound leafs and shock absorbers.
Brake booster, ABS, and some door pins
rims and tires (good tires)
Front callipers, which idk how big those are but ill compare.
Serpentine belt drive!! Ill make it work some how. And abs switch... Which i have no idea where its at.
Vacuum ball.
And some else is getting the factory hitch, which are ford lovers... LOL let em put one of those on a ford.
Any way the fenders on the bed have holes in it and i figure i could patch with fiber glass. And the wood at the bottom of the bed shouldnt be hard if i replace all of it..

And the 78 stepside has another feature. Shes fully loaded with wasps!!! LOL

Keep em coming!!!

heres a picture of said vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my baby.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	64359  

Last edited by chevy302builder18; 03-26-2012 at 11:40 PM.